• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is ROY'S slightly darker,slightly angrier brother in the group "Metallica" ??

96 posts in this topic

the heaviest band i listen to is either slayer or in flames.

i like different types of rock.

MY top 10 bands:

system of a down

black sabbath

ramones

queen

dead kennedys

red hot chili peppers

slayer

metallica

motorhead/ rage against the machine

and a 3 way tie for 10th- disturbed/ grateful dead/ beatles

i HATE most real death metal bands. i don't like venom, cradle of filth, or anything like that. i do like Death though/

Dude. Do not EVER act like cradle of filth and venom are anything alike. Venoms early stuff was more like early metal and punk.

And disturbed are a terrible band.

MY top 10 bands:

system of a down

black sabbath

ramones

queen

dead kennedys

red hot chili peppers

slayer

metallica

i HATE most real death metal bands. i don't like venom, cradle of filth, or anything like that. i do like Death though/

How can you knock a band with a name like Cradle Of Filth?

Anyway, I only ever listen to Thrash, Death and above all Norwegian Black Metal. I like bands that do songs which have only one relentlessly chugging riff where the singer incoherently growls and all the songs are indistinguishable from one another. :cloud9:

Hahaha

The heaviest metal band I ever heard is Suffocation. Those guys are just brutal live.

I dont really like death/black metal. But my wife does.

Gotta love Michael Schenker!

:sumo:

Since all you metal heads have been busy polluting my otherwise useless and dead site , I'll just chime in and add that AC/DC are the biggest rocker's of all time ..... :whistle:

AC/DC ! :cloud9: Our band did Whole Lotta Rosie, Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be, Highway to Hell, and Shot Down in Flames.

Four classics , BTW ....... (thumbs u

Gotta love Michael Schenker!

:sumo:

Since all you metal heads have been busy polluting my otherwise useless and dead site , I'll just chime in and add that AC/DC are the biggest rocker's of all time ..... :whistle:

AC/DC ! :cloud9: Our band did Whole Lotta Rosie, Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be, Highway to Hell, and Shot Down in Flames.

Four classics , BTW ....... (thumbs u

Sin City ain't bad either ! .....

Hahaha

The heaviest metal band I ever heard is Suffocation. Those guys are just brutal live.

I dont really like death/black metal. But my wife does.

Sheesh. I wish I could get my missus to like any kind of heavy or hard rock.

I have gotten more into metal in recent years, but really it's mainly old-school hard rock like Led Zep, Deep Purple, and bands who have been influenced by them like AC/DC, G & R and Metallica (who are big Purple fans). Not mad on all the sub-genres that focus on one aspect of the music and get tied down as a result.

Never cared for NWOBHM much, although Maiden are all right.

I used to be into indie, but over the last 5 - 7 years that music (that dominates most British festivals like Glastonbury) has become so utterly bland, safe, generic and boring that I can't muster any enthusiasm for any of them.

I'd rather listen to The Filth than the Kaiser Chiefs, The Kooks, The Klaxons, Bloc Party, The View, The Feeling (urgh), Pigeon Detectives, Glasvegas and countless other bands you've never heard of that nevertheless dominate the trendy NME based music scene over here.

i like Bloc Party.

Deep Purple is awesome :headbang:

Over here little boy bands being labeled as punk are taking over mainstream rock :(

In a nutshell!!! That's exactly right - what the frig is going on?

These days indie bands are scarcely distinguishable from boy bands - the only difference is that they can play to a perfunctory level, write singalong anthemic tunes that the kiddies at the mudbath fest can wave their hands to, and do an adequate impression of the Arctic bleedin' Monkeys. That band may be the darlings of the NME and Jo Whiley on Radio One, but they've only ever had two decent songs and have no stage presence whatsoever. However at least they're a functional rock band.

Purple were bloody great and are sadly anaethema over here (unlike Zep, whose rehabilitation as the Godfathers of Rock means that they're on the cover of at least one music mag every month). Been playing Made in Japan to death lately...

Deep Purple could never get along...and that was a shame.

I always though Perfect Strangers was the perfect "splitting up"album.

Has anyone seen them recently live with Steve Morse on guitar?

R.

Deep Purple could never get along...and that was a shame.

I always though Perfect Strangers was the perfect "splitting up"album.

Has anyone seen them recently live with Steve Morse on guitar?

R.

Purple must've had some influence on Spinal Tap, what with the constant line-up changes and feuding. I imagine Blackmore hired and fired more people than anyone else in the biz, bless 'im.

Seen footage on YouTube of Morse playing with Purple. He's very good (but not as good as Blackmore). Then again these geezers are all getting on - Ian Gillan's voice is but a shadow of it's '70s self.

MY top 10 bands:

system of a down

black sabbath

ramones

queen

dead kennedys

red hot chili peppers

slayer

metallica

Dude. Do not EVER act like cradle of filth and venom are anything alike. Venoms early stuff was more like early metal and punk.

And disturbed are a terrible band.

i can tell you one thing, Black Metal is stuck in my head right now. it is awesome

Lay down your soul to the god's rock n roll....

BLACK METAL!!!

IMO, the best thrash metal band of today is Municipal Waste :headbang:

Are they from NYC ? They are members from another band that is now defunct.