• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: This really stinks..

51 posts in this topic

I havent eaten solid foods since thursday. My one wisdom tooth is impacted, and the gum is swollen. No insurance, so the dentist was no fun. Had to go today finally, and the report was ! 4 wisdom teeth have to come out. 2 HAVE to be done this week. The gum is all swollen,and infected. He gave me a prescription for vicoden and antibiotics. So thursday morning I am getting 2 teeth yanked out of my skull. NOT THRILLED!!

And all this happens before Baltimore. This news put a hurting on my plans. I really hoped to have a few bucks to do some buying. Now I only look forward to eating solid foods again.

My wallet can handle 2 right now. I have to have the other 2 out, and have some old fillings re-done also. The dentist tells me this "that impacted one, thats gonna be hard to get out"

Im thinkin' this guys comin at me with some channel locks..

i had two pulled and its insane. it felt like my head was beig pulled off! i asked for em and got to keep them, they are huge!

Yea.. These are the stories I keep getting.

I may keep them. I should post pics haha.

Ouch! I had two wisdoms pulled many years ago. I still have the other 2 though. They'll get a special kind of pliers with "twisted" grips to pull that out. Don't worry, it won't hurt ya.

Why dont I believe that this wont hurt. Then again the whole right side of my face is throbbing, so I dont know how much worse this can get. :wishluck:

I've had all of mine pulled as well. Other than the financial hit, try not to sweat it too much. The anticipation of it always makes it seem worse than it's going to be. And if he puts his foot on your chest at any time...don't worry...he's just positioning himself for some leverage.

I've had all of mine pulled as well. Other than the financial hit, try not to sweat it too much. The anticipation of it always makes it seem worse than it's going to be. And if he puts his foot on your chest at any time...don't worry...he's just positioning himself for some leverage.

I was already thinking that. The only saving grace is my father and I redid all of his offices, and they look great. Makes him much nicer then if we did anything that wasnt to his liking.

I had one pulled in boot camp, no rest, no soft food, nothing!

The dentist put his knee on my chest to get leverage, and what he had in his hand looked like vice grips. :o

I didn't see a dentist for 20yrs after that, and when I did ....I only needed a deep cleaning. (thumbs u

I had another wisdom tooth pulled a couple of years ago, piece of cake...but mine wern't impacted.

Hang in there Pat.

My wallet can handle 2 right now. I have to have the other 2 out, and have some old fillings re-done also. The dentist tells me this "that impacted one, thats gonna be hard to get out"

2 of mine were so badly impacted they had to break them to get them out. Then again I have the roots from hell.

Ouch! I had two wisdoms pulled many years ago. I still have the other 2 though. They'll get a special kind of pliers with "twisted" grips to pull that out. Don't worry, it won't hurt ya.

Why dont I believe that this wont hurt. Then again the whole right side of my face is throbbing, so I dont know how much worse this can get. :wishluck:

Actually, he's probably right. It really shouldn't hurt much, and you're probably in worse pain right now than what you'll experience in having them pulled. Everything will be pretty much deadened, and mostly all you'll feel will be the "pulls" of him trying to get them out. There may be some pain afterwards until you get your pain meds and they start to kick in, but all in all, it's likely not going to be anywhere near as bad as you think.

2 of mine were so badly impacted they had to break them to get them out. Then again I have the roots from hell.

That is what im worried about. Chisel in my mouth dude. (tsk)

The top one he figures right out. Bottom, he said will take awhile.