• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: This really stinks..

51 posts in this topic

Call me strange,but I had all four of my wisdom teeth yanked about fifteen years ago and it wasnt that bad. No real pain,and four days later was at the Dallas ComicCon. The only part that sucked was later on three peices of tooth had stayed in my gums and I had to pull them out with tweezers.

I havent eaten solid foods since thursday. My one wisdom tooth is impacted, and the gum is swollen. No insurance, so the dentist was no fun. Had to go today finally, and the report was ! 4 wisdom teeth have to come out. 2 HAVE to be done this week. The gum is all swollen,and infected. He gave me a prescription for vicoden and antibiotics. So thursday morning I am getting 2 teeth yanked out of my skull. NOT THRILLED!!

And all this happens before Baltimore. This news put a hurting on my plans. I really hoped to have a few bucks to do some buying. Now I only look forward to eating solid foods again.

Have you ever thought of pleading your "no insurance, have to sell my comics" case with the comic collector known as the Dentist? hmhm(shrug)

Maybe he would be sympathetic to your particular dilemma and can help you .

Sweet

I had all 4 done at once over 10 years ago.

Top 2 were easy peasy

Bottom 2 were grind them and suck them out kind of extraction. :banana:

did some one say grind?
:cloud9:

Sweet

Top 2 were easy peasy

did some one say grind?

You "grinding" on his wisdom tooth to the point of it coming out is a mental image I'd rather not form, thank you

And the :banana: guy is not helping :eek:

Sweet

Top 2 were easy peasy

did some one say grind?

You "grinding" on his wisdom tooth to the point of it coming out is a mental image I'd rather not form, thank you

And the :banana: guy is not helping :eek:

<3

About 15 years ago I had a dental abscess and the painkillers I had stopped working around midnight. Worst night of my life. But I got antibiotics and within 24 hours of starting them was fine - I had to have a couple of teeth extracted a week or two later, but that was really no big deal by comparison. Incidentally, the dentist doesn't just get a tooth out by pulling, he starts by pushing it down (or up) which loosens the root till it comes away with quite a light pull. Or maybe that's if you're lucky...