• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this CGC-worthy?

210 posts in this topic

I have a 9.2 with worse.
confused.gif No wonder you are estatic with the books I send you!

OK Greggy - I say VF/NM (9.0 for the word-challenged). What do you say? Hmmmm?

8.5 at best but you know that it hard to say in a scan. I can't see the cover wear, gloss...etc! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a 9.2 with worse.

8.5 at best but you know that it hard to say in a scan. I can't see the cover wear, gloss...etc! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I still say VF/NM and that we are getting WAY too crazy with the super-nitpicking for books that are NOT NM or better.

I have a 9.2 with worse.

I still say VF/NM and that we are getting WAY too crazy with the super-nitpicking for books that are NOT NM or better.

WTF are you talking about? I grade what it should be! I take all the flaws into consideration. You are jaded by looking at all those mid grade books! foreheadslap.gif

WTF are you talking about? I grade what it should be! I take all the flaws into consideration. You are jaded by looking at all those mid grade books!

You say 8.5. I say 9.0. Are you honestly saying that there is no room for either? Have you taken into account the scan is 50% larger than the book at least, and that scans magnify defects? Have you? Huh? Or are you just setting Joanna up for a cheap buy?

(OK - That last sentence was a cheap shot and I honestly don't think such a thng would cross your mind but it made for nice drama!)

WTF are you talking about? I grade what it should be! I take all the flaws into consideration. You are jaded by looking at all those mid grade books!

You say 8.5. I say 9.0. Are you honestly saying that there is no room for either? Have you taken into account the scan is 50% larger than the book at least, and that scans magnify defects? Have you? Huh? Or are you just setting Joanna up for a cheap buy?

(OK - That last sentence was a cheap shot and I honestly don't think such a thng would cross your mind but it made for nice drama!)

Dream on sucka. My first response was to your comment that it was a 9.2. Now...you lower it to a 9.0. I said that it looks like a 8.5 at best. I am giving her an opinion of what CGC will grade the book at. Not what you or I feel the actually grade is. To be honest, CGC has given me more grades that were higher than my estimate than vice versa. So...screw you hippie! grin.gif

There is zero cover wear -- it's as smooth as glass without a single mark when tilted to the light. The gloss is spectacular, cover inks saturated, has a newsstand fresh feel.

Dream on sucka. My first response was to your comment that it was a 9.2. Now...you lower it to a 9.0. I said that it looks like a 8.5 at best. I am giving her an opinion of what CGC will grade the book at. Not what you or I feel the actually grade is. To be honest, CGC has given me more grades that were higher than my estimate than vice versa. So...screw you hippie! grin.gif

I SAID IT WAS A 9.2??????? I said VF/NM from the start. That is a 9.0. When did I say NM-?????????? Come ON, sucka!!!!!! When did I say NM-? I said In my opinion, it is CGC-worthy. I would expect it to get at least a VF/NM anyway. A total of 6 in the registry. It is 1964 DC. Very pretty. Can you scan larger if possible? tongue.gif893blahblah.gifgrin.gif

There is zero cover wear -- it's as smooth as glass without a single mark when tilted to the light. The gloss is spectacular, cover inks saturated, has a newsstand fresh feel.

27_2_22.gif27_2_6.gif27_4_10.gif27_2_14.gif27_2_13.gif

27_2_22.gif27_2_6.gif27_4_10.gif27_2_14.gif27_2_13.gif

Now we're cookikn'!!!!!!!!!

I just wrote Steve asking if I could write another article for the newsletter. If he says yes, the book is getting slabbed. If not, I'll sell it raw and take the loss. It's one of the purtiest books I've seen in my collection (other than modern) and because it's a '64 DC, I think it might be worth it. It's a 150, and that halfpoint milestone might even carry it a bit. I didn't pay a lot for the book ($8.00), so I should make a profit off of it with free slabbing even with the postage to and from CGC.

I SAID IT WAS A 9.2??????? I said VF/NM from the start. That is a 9.0. When did I say NM-?????????? Come ON, sucka!!!!!! When did I say NM-? I said In my opinion, it is CGC-worthy. I would expect it to get at least a VF/NM anyway. A total of 6 in the registry. It is 1964 DC. Very pretty. Can you scan larger if possible? tongue.gif893blahblah.gifgrin.gif

Ooops...read it wrong but screw you anyways. Here's a CGC 9.0 Captain Action 1 for comparision! tongue.gif

315621-CapAct1.JPG

315621-CapAct1.JPG.1462beeb2ff16e7d75be25fb17b4526f.JPG

Ooops...read it wrong but screw you anyways. Here's a CGC 9.0 Captain Action 1 for comparision! tongue.gif

315621-CapAct1.JPG

Gosh! Looks almost as nice as Joanna's smaller scan!