• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman 227

55 posts in this topic

I this point, I think I am going to hold out for a 7.5-8.0. When did you sell your copy Divad?

A couple of years back to a Board Member in St Louis who's never around anymore - life troubles, I believe. :(

Extra shipping and Id just crack it out anyways.. thanks for the heads up though

And the 8.0 PGX looks real nice, but asking too much.. priced as though a CGC 8.0

Same seller has this book at 8.0 PGX for 170 and 7.0 CGC for 120... weird..

Think both prices are a little high anways

Extra shipping and Id just crack it out anyways

evan, one of the biggest reasons to buy slabbed books is the GRADE..you know you'll be getting a 7.0 if you buy a slabbed 7.0..whether you crack it out or not...

you say you buy raw books to save money...well, in this transaction you lost money bc you bought a raw book (well you lost S&H) as opposed to a slabbed book...

I upgraded when I let the 8.0 go. So I was happy the book went to a good collector. I sold it around 2.5 years ago for $70 I have a very nice raw copy now. Grades in the Solid 9.2 - 9.4 Area. OW/W pages, no restoration that I am aware of. The pages on the PGX 8.0 are very, very nice. White as can be... It's a pretty good buy actually. Even if it is in a PGX holder...

Looks like another board member emailed the seller after this was posted and made an offer.

F-CK ME.. I know nobody broke any rules, and I probably shouldnt have posted all of this in the forums, but damn... Morally wrong imho

That suckhs, sorry to hear this, what an asswhole .

Actually the seller made ME an offer, not the other way around, and I took it. My intentions were to get the book and hold onto it until Gone Phishin was able to come up with the full amount.Then I was going to offer it to him. After I received the book. Maybe make $20 by selling it for $20 over what I paid for it. If that was acceptable to him...He can now kiss that idea goodbye... It was/is a good deal. So I figured at the very least I had another 227. Best case scenario was I made $20{big deal} and Gone Phishin got the book he wanted....I couldn't loose. It is a nice book and will be worth a bit more down the road.....

The seller and you are giving me separate stories.. But w/e, that doesnt really matter. I was just pissed at first because I thought someone was just reading this, looked at the book, and decided to contact the seller. This book was originally yours, so I am glad you were able to pick it back up. The fact of the matter is, after I saw the book on Ebay, I put up books in the market forums so I could try to snatch the book.

No hard feelings.