• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you buy in Baltimore?

80 posts in this topic

Mike, when did you get the More Fun? Thats the Larson copy too, correct?

for me i bought about 7 raw books im going to slab, the only one i remember is a Flash 214 that should be 9-4/6 :wink:

Slab wise i bought/traded for:

Detecive 477 9.6 from Steve

Dectective 492 Dollar Comic 9.6 from Steve

Detective 373 9.4 from Stephen Ritter

Batman 228 9.6 from MCMiles

Batman 237 9.4 from MCMiles

Bought two Batman Toon Tumblers from Paul

bought a cool GA Covers calendar from :shrug:

Two magazine boxes from HotFlips :banana:

I had a great time at the Balti-con and I picked up a few Timelys

Young Allies 4(awesome Red Skull cover)

Young Allies 7

Kid Komics 7

USA comics 12

Captain America 45

Startling Terror Tales 11(Awesome Spider Cover)(not a Timely)

I was looking for Exciting Comics 39, All American comics 61 and Cap 46, but of course, none were available.

The con was much more crowded this year than it has ever been.

I had a great time at the Balti-con and I picked up a few Timelys

Young Allies 4(awesome Red Skull cover)

Young Allies 7

Kid Komics 7

USA comics 12

Captain America 45

Startling Terror Tales 11(Awesome Spider Cover)(not a Timely)

I was looking for Exciting Comics 39, All American comics 61 and Cap 46, but of course, none were available.

The con was much more crowded this year than it has ever been.

Those are some great books. Scans? :wishluck:

Where/Who did you get the USA #12 from, if you don't mind me asking?

Mike, when did you get the More Fun? Thats the Larson copy too, correct?

for me i bought about 7 raw books im going to slab, the only one i remember is a Flash 214 that should be 9-4/6 :wink:

Slab wise i bought/traded for:

Detecive 477 9.6 from Steve

Dectective 492 Dollar Comic 9.6 from Steve

Detective 373 9.4 from Stephen Ritter

Batman 228 9.6 from MCMiles

Batman 237 9.4 from MCMiles

Bought two Batman Toon Tumblers from Paul

bought a cool GA Covers calendar from :shrug:

Two magazine boxes from HotFlips :banana:

I was working on that deal as you guys were getting it together to leave town.

here’s my junk.

i tried really hard to find a Marvel Team Up #9. i’m pretty sure i checked every booth at the con and did not see a single copy.

i was also looking for an ASM #104 but couldn’t find one that i liked.

i did buy an ASM #128 but when i got home realized it had a nasty crease in the middle of the cover that i somehow missed. doh! so that sucks, but i only dropped 35 bills on it.

but the following books i was able to find, and i’m really happy with them. :headbang:

av.JPG

sp.JPG

co.JPG

here’s my junk.

i tried really hard to find a Marvel Team Up #9. i’m pretty sure i checked every booth at the con and did not see a single copy.

i was also looking for an ASM #104 but couldn’t find one that i liked.

i did buy an ASM #128 but when i got home realized it had a nasty crease in the middle of the cover that i somehow missed. doh! so that sucks, but i only dropped 35 bills on it.

but the following books i was able to find, and i’m really happy with them. :headbang:

av.JPG

sp.JPG

co.JPG

Nice books,lovin' the Spideys!!!! I guess our paths never crossed....

I bought 8 books on Saturday, and this was the biggest find (and the only one I've gotten scanned). Tough in grade. Joe V. (JHV Associates) rarely gets talked about on these boards, but he is a great guy to buy from, is among the most experienced long-time dealers in the biz, is as straight a shooter as the hobby has, and has some incredible books.

X-Men5-1.jpg

Sweet book Bob

Real nice ASM's . I got a few , 38 &39 Saturday and then picked up 119 and a #20 on Sunday as well as a TTA #1 w/Sub-Mariner.

I picked up the ASM#20 from JHV Associates , and had a great conversation about the golden and silver age books with the guy that was helping Joe . I didn't get to the JHV table until Sunday around noon , so I probably missed out on some other nice books. Overall ended up with a double long-long box -darn thing's about 3 foot long- full of raw books to take home to SC and stay busy with until the coin market comes back to Earth.

Ran into some of my local dealers on the "Carolina Aisle" in the middle where they were all grouped together , and picked up a NICE Chromium Foil #1 Lady Death from Chris at Hero's and Dragons' table .

My Bro-in-Law sub'd about 34 SS books , so he had a great time as well....he even got lucky and picked up 2 nice Mint Valiant books for $2 each , both Magnus Robot Fighter #57's and one turned out to be the error edition , so he scored.

TTASub1AB.jpg[/img]

Sorry for the poor scan (short-bed scanner). The colors are actually better in hand on this #119 in a PGX 7.5 slab.

Spidey119AB.jpg[/img]

Spidey39AB.jpg[/img]

Spidey38AB.jpg[/img]

Here's the ASM 20 I got from JHV :

Spidey20AB.jpg[/img]

I couldn't believe how many people were buying the Batman(?)Robin(?) comic error books ...the one with the kinda bad wording that was supposed to have been censored , but wasn't and got recalled ....except for the ones that were on early pick up by dealers that got out........and were running to the CGC table all day with them . I stopped counting them after a while and went back to bourse floor hunting .

Seems like there will be more graded error copies than the replacement copies in the market soon....like in about 30 days after they get graded . There went any high dollar money on those ....when 15 thousand( or whatever number) show up on the market ...should be worth about what ? $5-$10 a piece ?

Surprisingly I did not buy anything in B-more hm

You spent all your time waiting in line for Jim Lee. How long were you in line on Saturday 5 hours?

No idea truthfully, but it was definately a long time. It flew by though since I was in line with other boardies surrounding me.