• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - %^#$@& Damn Hard drive

49 posts in this topic

Stick the HD in the freezer for a while then put it back in and try to start the computer. It could give you enough to get most or some of your files transfered.

It worked (thumbs u

The HD hummed really loud but I manage to get all my files back (thumbs u

Thanks for the tip :banana: :banana: :banana:

Got my files back so now i can smash this old HD againt a rock to my hearts content.

:cloud9:

I can still remember taking a $1600 Latitude lemon (with 3--year complete care), but that Dell refused to replace, even after a string of component failures, out to the curb and hammering it into a million pieces.

I couldn't use it as it died every month or so, Dell wouldn't replace it, and I couldn't with good conscience sell it. So The Hammer was the only answer.

If you don't know yet, Dell is the Devil.

Funny, since Apple has gone over to Intel processors and PC hardware. lol

If a HD blows up, the onboard GeForce graphics chip fries or a processor fan melts down (which mine did and more), it has nothing to do with PC vs. Mac.

If a HD blows up, the onboard GeForce graphics chip fries or a processor fan melts down (which mine did and more), it has nothing to do with PC vs. Mac.

100% agreed.

Yep. Exactly correct.

I've had both Macs and PCs for 25 years. I've never had any issue with a Mac, hardware, software, vaporware, shareware, anything. They just work.

100% agreed.

Yep. Exactly correct.

I've had both Macs and PCs for 25 years. I've never had any issue with a Mac, hardware, software, vaporware, shareware, anything. They just work.

So does a custom built computer. They just work.

But hardware is hardware. We're not talking about software, now are we?

100% agreed.

Yep. Exactly correct.

So does a custom built computer. They just work.

But hardware is hardware. We're not talking about software, now are we?

Good point. My main computer at home is one I built from cherry picked components about 4 years ago and it's still chugging away with never a blip. Pretty much every branded computer I've ever owned has coughed, spluttered and died given time.