• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YET ANOTHER Baltimore report but with some things not in the others

60 posts in this topic

Saturday night of course we went to Rich's! I had a good time meeting everyone and had a great conversation with Timmay outside. I cracked open a bottle of vodka and had a few. See the "Baltimore Live" thread about my encounter at the Sheraton later than night.

Sunday after the con, and after we packed everything up I took a pic of something that some of you may find shocking. If you are easily offended or horrified do not look at the next picture. For those of you not bothered, you figure out what the next picture is. hm:whistle:

100_0815.jpg

After we packed up and all, we met Paul at CJ's Crabhouse for dinner. We had oysters, and two dozen large crab. This was just half of them! :o

100_0816.jpg

Isn't he cute! :cloud9:

100_0817.jpg

This was the table after just the first dozen... you can imagine what it looked like after the second.

100_0818-1.jpg

Send my junk yet? (shrug)

No, I just got home this afternoon! It's going out in the morning! :makepoint:

You could have if you didn't waste time posting pics.

:P

The PO was already closed by the time I got home. Besides... My thread said I couldn't ship til I got home! :tonofbricks:

Next up is the art... I didn't really get sketches from the people I wanted to because it was just to crazy selling glasses on Saturday and by Sunday everyone's commission lists were full. :(

I was really bummed about it so Lon and I walked around a little on Sunday and from the artist alley I got these three Vampi's done.

A student artist named Penelope did this one:

PenelopeVampi.jpg

Thom Zahler Vampi:

ThomZahlerVampi.jpg

I ran into Uko Smith who had a nice portfolio and he wasn't going to have time to do a sketch for me so I found this piece in pencil form in his port. I asked if he'd have time to ink and color it and it turned out great!

UkoSmith.jpg

The PO was already closed by the time I got home. Besides... My thread said I couldn't ship til I got home! :tonofbricks:

Yeah, but I was going to harass you anyways.

Saturday night of course we went to Rich's! I had a good time meeting everyone and had a great conversation with Timmay outside. I cracked open a bottle of vodka and had a few. See the "Baltimore Live" thread about my encounter at the Sheraton later than night.

Sunday after the con, and after we packed everything up I took a pic of something that some of you may find shocking. If you are easily offended or horrified do not look at the next picture. For those of you not bothered, you figure out what the next picture is. hm:whistle:

100_0815.jpg

YEAH!!! YEAH!!! :/:acclaim::golfclap::/:acclaim::golfclap:

CRACK ALL THE SLABS!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

VIVA REVOLUCION! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yeah, but I was going to harass you anyways.

Besides, I have to still cut and fit the mylar dust jacket cover so you don't get drool all over the hardcover. :kidaround:

Ok, now for the books.

I went to this con only expecting to buy a couple of books if I could find them and... I didn't find them. :(

I did find some decent deals though on some particularly hard to find books.

First up.

An UNRESTORED ASM 28! The scan doesn't do this book justice at all because it's in an old label slab and the slab is scuffed and scratched a LOT. Most of the "junk" you see on the cover is actually on the slab including the long line running top to bottom on the right side of the book.

Old label (pre-1999) slab in 7.0 I'm probably going to resub this one.

ASM28.jpg

I bought this War Comics #11 for obvious reasons from Tomorrows Treasures. Unfortunately I didn't know he's not someone anyone should be buying from and I heard several horror stories about what he does to books. Once I heard the stories I realized that's why so many of his books had FRESH scotch tape all over the spines, etc.

Oh well, Thankfully this book looks untouched.

War11.jpg

This is the book that Donut and Joey talked about in one of the other threads.

I was delighted to find this one. It is a beauty. Us Fiction House collectors can always appreciate finding one with colors this bright! I love this book and in not too shabby of shape either!

Ghost4.jpg