• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Simon & John Romita Sr.

26 posts in this topic

Desert Wind Comics would like to truly thank Joe Simon and John Romita Sr. for their valuable time they gave to Sharon and I while we visited New York City following the Baltimore Comic Con. Between the two "LEGENDARY" creators we got over 160 books signed. It was such a pleasure to have been able to spend time and see some wonderful art. We would like to thank our customers for supporting Desert Wind Comics and thanks to your support, both Joe and John have invited Desert Wind Comics to return to see both creators anytime we are in New York. Joe Simon will be in contact with us about doing some sketching in the near future. But we did not leave empty handed sketch wise. Joe "GAVE" to us a Captain America sketch he had laying around as a thank you for visiting with him. Once again I realized I have the "REAL" secret weapon in this business that NOBODY else has... Sharon.. lol She has a way with creators that just puts them at ease and leaves such a lasting impression with them. Just a note that signed books will be submitted to CGC at Mid-Ohio for grading. Again thanks to all of our customers that participated in these two signings.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Hey guys,

I did post this early:

Re: Signature Series Opportunities - Baltimore Comicon - September 27-28, 2008

#2626301 - 09/21/08 01:49 AM

Just a note to everyone. we have e-mails and phone calls out to:

Joe Simon

John Romita Sr.

Gene Colon

*spoon* Ayers

Joe Sinnott

If you are interested in any of these gentlemen, e-mail us at desertwindcomics@ hotmail.com to let us know. Let us know for who and how many books. For those of you that have already sent us your books, we will be taking them with us in the event we get responses from any of the above creators. We plan on going to New York (where all of these guys live) right after the Baltimore con is over with and plan to spend a few days there. So hopefully something will pan out. IF we do get a response from any of them, we will let everyone know and try to set up some kind of arrangements to receive books for signings. We will keep everyone posted on the boards. Keep your fingers crossed.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I guess no one believed me. :makepoint:

Sorry guys we will put you on the list for next time.

Hey Grinder we were surprised to see your unhappy smiley face considering the books you gave us in Baltimore all got signed by Romita Sr.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Hey guys,

I did post this early:

Re: Signature Series Opportunities - Baltimore Comicon - September 27-28, 2008

#2626301 - 09/21/08 01:49 AM

Joe Simon

John Romita Sr.

Gene Colon

*spoon* Ayers

Joe Sinnott

If you are interested in any of these gentlemen, e-mail us at desertwindcomics@ hotmail.com to let us know. Let us know for who and how many books. For those of you that have already sent us your books, we will be taking them with us in the event we get responses from any of the above creators. We plan on going to New York (where all of these guys live) right after the Baltimore con is over with and plan to spend a few days there. So hopefully something will pan out. IF we do get a response from any of them, we will let everyone know and try to set up some kind of arrangements to receive books for signings. We will keep everyone posted on the boards. Keep your fingers crossed.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I guess no one believed me. :makepoint:

Sorry guys we will put you on the list for next time.

Hey Grinder we were surprised to see your unhappy smiley face considering the books you gave us in Baltimore all got signed by Romita Sr.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

:banana:

i did email you guys on the 22nd and you responded nothing has been set up yet and you would make an annoucement when you do. oh well.

Chandler Rice

show details Sep 22 (11 days ago)

No news yet. I will announce it when we do.

Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Subject: gene colon, joe simson, JRJR

did you have dates set up with these guys for signings yet? thanks!

it was probably confusing because he posted it in the Baltimore Comic Con thread.......

my inquiry was to the email address you stated to contact you in the original advertisement

Joe Simon

John Romita Sr.

Gene Colon

*spoon* Ayers

Joe Sinnott

Well just to set the record straight. John Romita Sr. did not commit until Wednesday evening before we left for Baltimore. So the only people that could submit new books would have to have been at the Baltimore show. And Joe Simon committed the next day. So sorry guys, With the acception of books that were submitted at Baltimore, We had books signed that were already in our inventory from previous submission. Now for the good news, both John and Joe have told us we could sign with them anytime we visit New York. So come February, we should have something nice set up. Sorry for the confusion.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics