• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to Matt Nelson and Classic's Inc. Good Work!

1,247 posts in this topic

OMG!!!!! lol

Matt does great work! I have 32 books on the way back as we speak! :cloud9:

wow, it's no wonder CGC is pro pressing

Its not they are Pro-Pressing it's they say they can't detect a good press job even 1% of the time and they dont consider Pressing Resto.

Bad Pressing can sometimes look like and hurt the book.

Thats why I say if you want a book pressed, Matt Nelson is top tier.

Well I am off to catch my Plane back to back to Philly for the weekend!

Catch up with this thread around midnight east coast time.

i feel sick

If that is what makes you sick, then please DO NOT read a real newspaper or watch a real news channel. :makepoint:

Wall Street & the people we voted for taking huge $ out of our pockets.

In America the poverty line for a family of four is about $22,000 a year and about 800,000 American live below that line while about 14% of all americans have no health coverage. Yes, 14%!

Let's not forget ethnic cleansing, child abuse, rape and other atrocities happeneing in many parts of the world with their goverments (sometimes our own goverment) turning a deaf ear when there are cries for help.

Should I go on and on???? How high does pressing go on your "sick meter"? It's not even on mine.

Pressing, and I have been saying this for what seems to be forever, has been around longer than CGC and these boards. If you don't like it, that's fine, but please don't pull the "makes me sick" card or a put on a "holier than thou" attitude.

I love reading comic books. Comic books and music are my favorite pastimes besides friends and family. I don't have my head in the ground about this hobby or the world and I don't beleive in the "purity" of a comic book. most older comic books are going to have to be conserved if WE want to keep them around. If pressing a comic makes you sick, are you going to drop dead when we start de-acidifying them and sealing up spines for future generations to be able to enjoy them as we do? doh!

Now, if you would like to debate this (and I will be more than happy to), PM me and we can start another pressing thread together where the conversation will go around and around until the tread turns into a train wreck or a joke, but stop with the "make me sick" :censored: and don't derail this thread.

I get it, some people don't like pressing. Do you get it that some people do? I do not come on when someone states "I don't press books" and say "That makes me sick, why wouldn't you? I like them better that way!", do I? (shrug)

Sorry for the rantrant everyone, Just does not make sense to me. :foryou:

BTW....I do put in ALL my feebay auctions that all books could be pressed. I don't see many raw auctions doing that and most people don't even know who owned most of the books before they did. Yes, yes, I know, some will only buy from OO collections or collectors now, that is their choice and just leaves more books for the rest of us. I like pretty comic books whether they are pressed or not..... :headbang:

Man I know when I log back on later tonight there are going to be some posts I will need to catch up on! :gossip:

Time to go catch my plane!

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: x 1000

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Is this what the nod chatboard is like? (shrug):hi:

Et tu Steve? Why do most pressing threads end up taking a shot at NOD?