• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 Southern California Forum Dinner

86 posts in this topic

Current list

- comigrinder and wife

- spiderman-on-tilt

- CAP Freak

- innocuous

- 40yrsCollctngCmcs + friend Mike

- bghkoyama

Cr@p. My party favors are being shipped to me Media Mail. Hopefully, I get a holiday miracle from the post office.

I got a few PMs of regrets. But, I think this will be the best SoCal holiday forum party ever.

5 more days!

I am good on the Encounter, I have been there before.

I will also bring a couple of Harvey file copies I picked up in the last Comic Link auction. Sad Sack prior to his being back in the Army. Unique stuff.

Anyone have any early MLJ hero books they might bring? I have been curious about those for awhile.

Grinder,

Thanks for posting the photos, they came out great. It was fun to get together and meet all of you; a very entertaining evening.

After that table picture I am inspired to take a couple of photos on my dining room table over the holidays with all my goodies laid out. I laid them out once before but never got a good photo.

Jay, thanks for organizing. Let me know if you plan on organizing anything else or something at San Diego.

Connor thanks for sharing some great books and an interesting variety. If you like to read about comics history like in the Steranko books then I hope you are reading Alter Ego which is full of great stuff. Also, you would probably enjoy All in Color for a Dime which was reprinted a few years ago.

Frank

By the way you guys inspired me to crack my Star Spangled 6 out of its slab. That puppy came out last night, the cutting of the inner sleeve was a little nerve wracking but came off without a hitch.

Additionally, Connor you were right and that is some color touch on the Green Lantern cover. It does not go through the page though and inside cover is original.

Getting together for dinner in Redondo is probably doable but my wife and kids would probably have to visit with Mike's wife and have an alternate dinner!!

March works for me... Maybe the weekend of Wizard World LA when some of us will be at the show anyway? (Mar 13-15)

Joel

March would be cool (yahoo, my b-day weekend!) I'll definitely be there this time.

Brian