• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM SUFFERING FROM ROCKY MOUNTAIN SPOTTED FEVER...............PLEASE HELP ME

83 posts in this topic

Wow, that's about all I can say. Wow.

My thoughts exactly. First drdonaldblake posts links and now lower case letters. Unbelievable.

Why all the excitement about HG post-1965 books? So the Census has now increased from 25 9.6 copies of a particular book from 1965, 1966, 1967 or 1968 to 26 copies? Big deal. (shrug)

Morning, Mr Curmudgeon! :baiting:

lol:hi:

Hello, Update...........

I just spoke with Josh Nathanson, president of ComicLink LLC.

Mr. Josh confirmed this is an original owner collection and added:

" These books have not been anywhere but at ComicLink and CGC. This is a completely virgin collection. "

Also, I want to add in regards to my own opinion of the pedigree status.

Although TTh mentioned post 65' books big deal.

I understand his view, however, these were for the most part single picked issues, all of high quality. They started earlier, I think a decent AF #15 ,and some early spidey's come out of this collection, and with many 9.8 Amazing Spider-mans. A good example, ASM #50 CGC 9.8.

Considering the Boston pedigree had multiples and were of lesser titles, and the Winnipeg pedigree is fairly mediocre, I think this collection warrants a pedigree status, and it might get one.

Other than that, yes, I would like to see a golden age collection of this stature.

If a collection like this deserves pedigree status (and I don`t think it does, nor in my opinion should Boston, Oakland or Winnipeg be pedigrees), then the David Toth collection should certainly have pedigree status. Issue after issue of NM and top of census copies from the impossible 1958-1963 period, with quite a few mega-keys from this period in very high grade.

i agree with TTH2

the TOTH collexn should be pedigreed but only if its near complete DC's

the ROcky mountain collexn prob isnt pedigreed becos the earlier numbers (ones we/ve seen anyway) arent 9.0 or better

THe oakland "pedigree" is the biggest load of faeces ever in terms of a pedigree, 1500 or so 1968-1971 comics ...............woop dee doo

a total CGC gift to metropolis imo

THe oakland "pedigree" is the biggest load of faeces ever in terms of a pedigree, 1500 or so 1968-1971 comics ...............woop dee doo

a total CGC gift to metropolis imo

FYI, the Oakland books were brought to market by Vincent's Collectibles not Metropolis. They were also brought to market before CGC was in existence.

In summary, the Oakland pedigree was not a gift from CGC to Metropolis. I think a big factor in declaring the Oakland a pedigree is the lineage was easy to follow . Vinny put great labels on the mylars. They also graded high and the books covered all genres (war, super hero, funny stuff, etc.) .

There are entirely too many pedigrees. You all know the ones needed to included for golden age, but for silver age there ought to be just two or three and that is it. I'm tired of pedigrees that which leads to $X+++ jacked dollar amount over X comic book. A complete waste of money.

CC

Yeah, wazzup with dat, I'm tired of paying more for Ped books :cry: especially phony ones :grin:

There are entirely too many pedigrees. You all know the ones needed to included for golden age, but for silver age there ought to be just two or three and that is it. I'm tired of pedigrees that which leads to $X+++ jacked dollar amount over X comic book. A complete waste of money.

CC

So which of the following 6 SA pedigrees to you consider to be unworthy?

Pacific Coast

Curator

Massachusetts

White Mountain

Northland

Western Pennsylvania

For the record, I'm willing to pay extra for high grade early SA copies from any of these 6 pedigrees, and don't consider it a waste of money in the least.