• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of Buyers Who Routinely...

22 posts in this topic

I'm of the same mind as lizards - I rarely return books. If a book is off by .5 or some niggle .2 (unless I was specifically needing THAT grade) I just let it go. If a book is totally misrepresented by a grade or more, I make a note on the seller and take my business elsewhere.

I don't look for books where grade differentials of .2 mean big value changes. if a GA looked more like a VG or VG + rather than a FN- to me, I probably wouldn't return it, but likely wouldn't buy from that seller again, unless the deal was too good to pass up. If my grade is only .5 lower, I chalk it up to legitimate differrence of opinion - unless it seems a consistent effort to push grades. I've only returned for obvious flaws (missing pages, undisclosed resto and the like), and maybe once or twice for serious overgrading.