• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Col. Clink Query

49 posts in this topic

Here's the first page of yesterday's and today's listings here.

The Tower of Shadows 8, and Two-Gun Kids 71, 76, and 81 all ended last Thursday and were listed yesterday. They’re the same books, the numbers match. Don’t have time to see if there’s more than these 4. The auction page from last week with those books is listed here.

Can somebody enlighten me? How do books that just ended in the Clink E-better Auction last week end up for sale in the Comic Exchange already? Is the winner listing them before they're even in hand?

Probably listed before they're in hand using the CLink scans. I noticed the same thing with some ASMs last week, one of which I had been bidding on. Not only were they listed on Pedigree less than 24 hours after the CLink auctions had closed, but the asking prices were outrageous.

Can somebody enlighten me? How do books that just ended in the Clink E-better Auction last week end up for sale in the Comic Exchange already? Is the winner listing them before they're even in hand?

Probably listed before they're in hand using the CLink scans. I noticed the same thing with some ASMs last week, one of which I had been bidding on. Not only were they listed on Pedigree less than 24 hours after the CLink auctions had closed, but the asking prices were outrageous.

Isn't comic collecting fun lol

I find it amusing that people get up in arms over the prices that people list their books for on consignment sites as if the owners have some type of control over the pricing.

Yes, I know that they ultimately do, but I wonder how many of the books these site owners personally feel are listed extremely optimistic only to find that they sell?

I find it amusing that people get up in arms over the prices that people list their books for on consignment sites as if the owners have some type of control over the pricing.

Yes, I know that they ultimately do, but I wonder how many of the books these site owners personally feel are listed extremely optimistic only to find that they sell?

Yeah, I was waiting for an counter offer from you but you paid my bend over price without question. :blush:

lol Greggy uses psychology as a counter offer. He doesn't give an amount, just says plays on your guilt over the asking price.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation for those books I saw reappearing; I just found it odd that the ones I didn't bid on or win turned up that way.

lol Greggy uses psychology as a counter offer. He doesn't give an amount, just says plays on your guilt over the asking price.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation for those books I saw reappearing; I just found it odd that the ones I didn't bid on or win turned up that way.

greggy was willing to pay your asking price. Not my fault you wimped out and lowered your asking price. :screwy:

My Registry Set listing:

X-Men #101 Universal

Grade: 9.8

Page Quality:OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Owner: DrWatson

Owner's Description:

One of my favorite X-Men books of all time. This book came from the wilds of Vancouver and when you pull it's string, it's says, "Dork." This is the only book that I will be acquiring from the Greggy Bent Me Over Collection. Thanks, Greg.

greggy was willing to pay your asking price. Not my fault you wimped out and lowered your asking price. :screwy:

For trying to be nice I get ":screwy:" ?

Whatever, dude.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset with the consignment sites for listing books at silly prices. It's the people listing them that I often wonder about...

I've never actually sold through consignment sites, but don't they just take a percentage off the sale? I assumed that they would advise their clientele regarding pricing. After all, wouldn't it be in their best interest to have books flying off the shelves at realistic asking prices rather than gathering dust at multiple GPA price levels... :shrug: