• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHINALLY!!! (ot)

86 posts in this topic

:headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana:

:banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang:

As an avid NY Met fan I threw up in my mouth when I saw that the Phillies had finally won :sick::cry:

Congratulations to the Phillies and their fans...they were the better team and went out and proved it...

I am going to leave this thread now and watch re-runs of game 6 of the '86 series to help dull the pain :sorry:

I'm very emotional right now.

After 25 years of "Heart & Soul" Phanatic support for all 4 Philly teams (since their last championship in '83)... and with more than a few serious heartbreaks during that quarter century (and before in '80 for all teams but the Phillies)...

[font:Impact]

It PHINALLY happened again!![/font] :headbang:

...and it happens on the 13th Anniversary of the death of my late best friend Michael C. Dechnik who was the type of "All In" Philly Phan that suffered losses, "ironically"... like the death of a friend. Sometimes, I could not get him on the phone for 2-3 days after a seriously disappointing loss as he needed time to get over it. Me too, on almost as many.

I have an open bottle of Rolling Rock beer next to his photo right now. It became his preferred beer during any game after seeing the movie "The Deer Hunter".

It's so odd how sports teams can "matter" in such a seemingly ludicrous, indescribable way to some of us. I guess it's the time spent wearing your heart and emotions on your sleeve along with your fathers, families and friends.

It's been such a tough last 2 years for me personally in so many ways and I had to leave the bar shortly after the final out because I was the only one weeping like a little wuss.

I feel like my whole body just got an enema... sort of.

Thanks Mike! :angel:

MIke... Worlds Most Loyal Philly Phan... Thanks, and Enjoy!!

67646.jpg.feaeb5bb676e73803151a6ffa157ee7e.jpg

I can live with that (now anyway)... it was a good pitch hit by good hitter (it happens). Williams, as a result, was unfairly blamed in many Philly Phan's minds for years. He deserves more credit. It's not like he pulled a "Buckner" to hand the Mets a championship.

His style made you want to gnaw your fingernails off... but he didn't lose the series for us, Carter won it. Plus, "other pitchers" lost the previous game where both teams scored in the teens.

I can live with that (now anyway)... it was a good pitch hit by good hitter (it happens). Williams, as a result, was unfairly blamed in many Philly Phan's minds for years. He deserves more credit. It's not like he pulled a "Buckner" to hand the Mets a championship.

His style made you want to gnaw your fingernails off... but he didn't lose the series for us, Carter won it. Plus, "other pitchers" lost the previous game where both teams scored in the teens.

The beauty of this night is it will remain with you forever.

Even when you listen to it years later or watch clips online your going to get shivers(in a good way) and a large smile will cross your face that will remain with you forever!

Congrats

Thanks Ares...

I'm taking my daughters out of school and to the Parade on Friday.

I hope it will remain an awesome memory for them when I'm gone... seeing their Dad (almost) as happy as the day they were born.

It will be my first parade too.

I was not allowed to go in '80 with the Phillies and '83 with the Sixers.

Our high school principal was actually waiting at the Philly end of the speedline in '80 taking names and handing out suspensions for all the lucky kids who were allowed to cut school.

lol

PHINALLY!!

As a lifelong, die-hard Phillies Phan, I wasn't sure this day would ever come again. My emotions right now run the gamut from disbelief to pure elation. I don't think I'll come down from this high for days.

I was actually at Game 6 in 1980 when the Phillies won their first World Series. For a long time I thought it would be their only championship. But this 2008 team is something special, and they've carved their own piece of history. I'm so happy for them!

My wife asked me how many Phillies games I thought I've watched in my life. I did some quick math and came up with about 3,750. And 1 championship. Well, now make that 2.

I'm going to cry now.

GO PHILLIES!

PHINALLY!!

As a lifelong, die-hard Phillies Phan, I wasn't sure this day would ever come again. My emotions right now run the gamut from disbelief to pure elation. I don't think I'll come down from this high for days.

I was actually at Game 6 in 1980 when the Phillies won their first World Series. For a long time I thought it would be their only championship. But this 2008 team is something special, and they've carved their own piece of history. I'm so happy for them!

My wife asked me how many Phillies games I thought I've watched in my life. I did some quick math and came up with about 3,750. And 1 championship. Well, now make that 2.

I'm going to cry now.

GO PHILLIES!

Great Post (thumbs u

I don't know if this made the national news but Tim McGraw sprinkled some of Tug's ashes on the mound before game 4. How cool is that?

PHINALLY!!

I'm going to cry now.

GO PHILLIES!

Great Post (thumbs u

I don't know if this made the national news but Tim McGraw sprinkled some of Tug's ashes on the mound before game 4. How cool is that?

Yeah, that was awesome! And Carlton, Roberts, and Bunning came back to throw out first pitches. With 4 pitchers like that pulling for us, how could we lose?

Now I have to put up...

I swore I'd get a tattoo the next time a Philly team went all the way. So, sometime in the next couple of month I'll follow through and get a "P" with an '08 below (and a '80).

I kinda' like the '80's "P" logo better though with the ball in the negative space.

A little conundrum to resolve.

This is one of the Happiest Days in my Life! :banana:

I waited 25 years for this!

I am in disbelief! :o

This city and the Philliees Fans have wanted this for so long, I don't know what to feel!

IT'S HERE PHILLY FANS FINALLY!

REVERSE THE "80 TEAM TO SAY "08

HANDS DOWN WE WERE THE BEST TEAM IN B-BALL IN 2008!

OeKbOHP4.jpg