• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHINALLY!!! (ot)

86 posts in this topic

Nice Pics!

There is a Philly bar here in San Diego called Plum Crazy and after the Phillies won the WS the SD News Crew went down there and interviewed the packed house of the Phillies fans. It was amazing to watch because I had to remember that I am in SD not Philly while I was watching the news. lol

All the Philly fans started to chant to the reporter..."PUT IT ON...PUT IN ON...lol

They made him put on a Phillies Hat and T-shirt, that would never happen back east, lets say in NY.

Socal such a Transplant area for sports. Got to love it.

I have always had, how do i put this, a strong dislike of the Phillies. Comes from being a Pirates fan as a kid. But seeing all you comic nuts who really love your Phillies makes it easier to take. Congrats to all!!

--S.

Thanks Sean... that's odd, I don't remeber the Pirates as being "hated rivals".

I liked the Pirates well enough growing up.

Willie Stargell, Dave Parker, Kent Tekulve come to mind... fun to watch.

Didn't they win 2 championships around the same time the Steelers did?

Just the unbelievable 7 gamer against the Orioles in 79. They had a great team in 1980 as well. :P

They also won it in 1971, but at the time it was still socially acceptable for me to poop my pants in public.