• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard TX. Dinner Aftermath ...

55 posts in this topic

I've got a picture for you. This is a picture of the receipt for the food I paid for. The food that someone at our table, described by our wait staff as a blond, tan man, forgot to pay for... Seafood Combo. So instead of stiffing the restaurant I paid for it.

:sumo:

I will gladly accept payment plus tip to my PayPal account.

:o

I knew that was going to happen! lol

:hi: Shawn
:hi: Sup James!

I've got a picture for you. This is a picture of the receipt for the food I paid for. The food that someone at our table, described by our wait staff as a blond, tan man, forgot to pay for... Seafood Combo. So instead of stiffing the restaurant I paid for it.

:hi: Shawn
:hi: Sup James!
just wishing I was there having fun with all you guys :(

Was it one check or separate checks? (shrug)

It's a mom and pop place... pay at the register out the way out. The guy was crossing what you told him you had off the list. I was in the last group of 5 to leave but not the last to pay. Before we left I asked him if we paid for everything. He said there was still a Seafood Combo, tea and coffee. I told him I'd cover it and collect. He comped the drinks.

Well , there you have it ! It's like McDonald's ( only w/ better food and decor)

If they are marking it off in that fashion at checkout , it is always the last one's to leave that are stuck with the eventual shortfall .

And , trust me , it is ALWAYS a shortfall . I have never been the last out of that type of arrangement and received a credit ... meh

Was it one check or separate checks? (shrug)

It's a mom and pop place... pay at the register out the way out. The guy was crossing what you told him you had off the list. I was in the last group of 5 to leave but not the last to pay. Before we left I asked him if we paid for everything. He said there was still a Seafood Combo, tea and coffee. I told him I'd cover it and collect. He comped the drinks.

All that jawing and winky winky going on and you mean to tell us no one saw a seafood combo being chowed on and no one had fish breath? hm

With those observation skills I now question all your comic grading abilities :grin:

Hey Hooks,

Thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

:whistle:

He is totally right. I thought Texas was tough you guys are just whinin' like women so far.

Texas is tough, but those of us born in the state are not really sure

that anything north of Centerville is actually part of Texas. I have heard

that Oklahoma sucks pretty badly, which would explain why Dallas

hasn't fallen into the Red River yet.

Hey Hooks,

He is totally right. I thought Texas was tough you guys are just whinin' like women so far.

hm Never heard of anything tough from Oklahoma..

Hey Hooks,

Well, that's two of us.

Hey Hooks,

Well, that's two of us.

Isnt there a musical or something called oklahoma. That has to be worth some street cred. :P

Hey Hooks,

Well, that's two of us.

Isnt there a musical or something called oklahoma. That has to be worth some street cred. :P

Reminds me of a story Nanci Griffith tells about her grandmother. The grandmother grew up during the Great Depression. The times were hard and the dust bowls were ravaging the area. The grandmother said that she was afraid to go to sleep at night for fear that the dust bowl winds would swoop down into Texas and blow her up to Oklahoma. "And she, by God, didn't want to live in Oklahoma!"