• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey 14 crash coming???

120 posts in this topic

Just received the latest Metropolis letter with a short want list: Is Spidey 14 dead in the water?? Look at the isses listed for Amazing Spider-man: kinda conspicuous by its absence:

Here is a quick Metropolis Want List. I am aggressively seeking out the

following books raw or CGC graded:

Amazing Spider-Man #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16 and

24 in VF/NM or better

Just causing trouble........ but cmon... if you are buying 1 through 16 complete, whats up with 14??

Cant be an accident, can it?

They are everywhere and in high grade - some sites have multiple copies in 9.2+. They were never that hard to find in high grade way before CGC- I remember the big time dealers in the early 90s grumbling that they were "white elephants" to sell - along with FF 48 and a few others because they had a high guide price and did not move quickly.

The crash for HG ASM #14s has come and gone. Do you remember the prices it was realizing around the movie. Now that all of those copies are sold off and even more came out of the woodwork due to the movie people arn't looking for it. The next big Spiderman comic will be Doc Ock in #3 trust me. People dig moive hype what can I say. Not to mention it's a better issue rareity wise.

Eric

what a memory Pimpy!

When I scanned those 100-pagers a few weeks ago, I had planned to do the Spidey 14s next...but my daughter got to the computer, and I lost interest (so much work !) ANyway, I found three nice ones and the fourth might be boxed separately indicating a lower grade....

I'll get around to it!!

I am guessiing based on the data I've seen I'd say #11. There are tons of high grade spideys for every issue. 200+ copies graded for almost every issue under #20. #11 however seems to have the least 9.6, 9.4, 9.2 and 9.0 copies. It's not that there arn't alot of high grade copies of #11 it's just look at how many have been graded? A heck of alot. Now compare that to JIM #84 where there are only like 44 copies graded. Which is more rare?

Eric

Anyone have a scan of 148? I agree on the #11. I see less of that issue for sale in HG than any. Although, for some reason, I've never liked that particular issue. Maybe that's why it's so scarce? Perhaps nobody bought it off the newstands because the cover was not very appealing? I've always liked the cover of #15 for some reason.

There are no rare ASM's when it comes down to it. But the demand is so high, that they sell well in pretty much any grade. With a super-rare title like JIM, high grades are truly scarce, but demand is also much lower. If any early issue of ASM were as truly scarce as JIM #84 is, the price on it would be astronomical.

So, what's the hardest issue to find in HG? Certainly not #1. How about 13?. or 11?, 6? And, (i know, wrong forum, but) what Bronze issues are hardest, if there are any. Not 121, 122, 129.

My vote is for 28. And 6 also