• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey 14 crash coming???

120 posts in this topic

#31 can be found, you'll just have to pay a lot for it. I think I know of two dealers both who have 9.4's. My guess is that FF is talking about a specific black cover book which is immediately followed by one of the easiest S.A. ASM's to find.

That one's hard too, I'd rank it second-hardest in the 23 to 50 run behind the one I was referring to; it's just as hard as #28 in my limited experience. I've seen quite a few copies of the one you're referring to in 9.0 and 9.2, but they always go for well over guide because they're less common than the other Spideys in that issue range.

I don't have copies of either one of these issues, raw or graded! frown.gif

Ahhh, you're talking about #63, right? You must be, as it's a black cover and followed by THE most common S.A ASM.

Ahhh...I thought he might be talking about a lower-numbered issue that fits the criteria he listed, but you're right, #63 is even less common than the one I had in mind.

Again High Grade Spideys is not my strong suit but I had a dealer tell me one time that ASM #44 was rare in high grade. Dark cover, second Lizard and I almost never see it in 9.0+ with off-white pages or better and perfect centering. Admitedly I haven't checked the census but any thoughts?

Eric

44 is the one I originally thought Murph was referring to--black cover, it's the issue before a very common book (45, part of MH2 run)--not easy to find and I don't own a copy, only one of nine I need to complete the whole run

I should've qualified the statement with "followed by a white cover" like I originally planned to but for some reason left out.. smile.gif

There's at least 2 MH2 copies of ASM 44 floating around that are CGC 9.4

52 is VERY tough also. Still haven't found a copy of that book in 9.4, only one I did see was very off-center.

Brian

The other 2 higher number books that I can think of as being tough, are #52 and #55.

I seriously doubt it will go that cheap - there are 23 hours left right? Ebay has recently returned to how it used to be when cgc first started and the books became available. It was always a wild last minute shoot out and the high bidder dorks who wanted to be king of the hill rarely won unless it was at an insane price. I guess a lot of folks on ebay buying expensive books are completely unaware of the impending crash and that they are throwing away their money. Would someone please dial up capt tripps and ghost town and let them know what tards they are? They really need some cgc board qualified financial analysts to tell them how they should spend their money.

I guess a lot of folks on ebay buying expensive books are completely unaware of the impending crash and that they are throwing away their money.

Where's the STOP button on this record player?

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Gene

I don't really know. Maybe you two previous posting geniuses could team up and help each other find it? Do you really think all of your lame self-serving advice helps anyone? Have you ever heard about not giving unasked for advice? When someone gives advice, the purpose is supposed to be to aid the listener. Who that reads these boards and has any serious money needs your advice? Anyone with the money to seriously invest in comics, stocks, land etc probably has an accountant and financial advisor. And nobody on here giving advice like yours has any real in- depth experience with the expensive, old book market. You relate anecdotes you have read about other collectibles and articles in papers but you have no real experience or personal knowledge. Your advice is nothing more than chest thumping - a cry for attention. "Look at me - I am so smart, let me tell you all about it." Let me give you some free advice - free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it. Especially from folks who have very little personal knowldege on the subject in which they profess to be expert. You are really not going to change anyone's minds. There are those who think comics are great and there are those chicken littles who practically pray for doom. From what i can tell, no one on either side has changed their positions since ComicInvestor and Mr. Amsterdam/supermodel first warned everyone of the hazards of comic book investing.

You relate anecdotes you have read about other collectibles and articles in papers but you have no real experience or personal knowledge.

Nice generalization.

I've been through the Independant Comic Melt-Down, the Coin Crash, the Sportscard Bust and the 1990's Comic Book Implosion.

In none of them was I harmed, and a few times I made some nice cash. Others did much, much better, so I'm definitely not bragging.

The signs are all there for a drastic reduction in real-world comic book values, and many of the same people who drove the other crashes are taking part in jacking CGC prices to the moon.

If you choose to ignore this, that's your right, but let's not start creating revisionist history on how and why collectibles crash, or painting detractors as people who just fell off the turnip truck.

Do you really think all of your lame self-serving advice helps anyone? Have you ever heard about not giving unasked for advice?

Who that reads these boards and has any serious money needs your advice? Anyone with the money to seriously invest in comics, stocks, land etc probably has an accountant and financial advisor.

And nobody on here giving advice like yours has any real in- depth experience with the expensive, old book market. You relate anecdotes you have read about other collectibles and articles in papers but you have no real experience or personal knowledge.

There are those who think comics are great and there are those chicken littles who practically pray for doom. From what i can tell, no one on either side has changed their positions since ComicInvestor and Mr. Amsterdam/supermodel first warned everyone of the hazards of comic book investing.

You know, this would be really funny if it weren't so transparent what a petty little man you are. I'm sure most people on the Boards can see right through to your numerous insecurities - from the way you idolize BSDs like a boy-band groupie, to the way you put down intellectual debate on the Boards (no wonder you relate to Ben Grimm - deep down you know you don't have the intellectual horsepower to hang with the Reed Richardses of the world), and to the way you save your sharpest jabs for me (you never seem to forget any of the littlest details about me, because I know how much they must stick in your craw).

If you don't like what I say on the Boards, feel free to ignore me. It's clear from your comments that you're wholly ignorant concerning everything about me anyway. To you, I seem to be some overeducated punk who gets his information from third-party textbooks and newspapers, who has no real knowledge of comics or investing and no money since I must have lost it all speculating in Bronze and Modern common books, after which I became bitter and tied the salvation of my self-esteem to giving free advice to people on comic book message boards! What a joke. If it makes you feel better to believe this, please don't let this NYC Ivy League city-slicker dissuade you. I think most people here, whether they agree with my opinions or not, know the real score.

Gene

I've been through the Independant Comic Melt-Down, the Coin Crash, the Sportscard Bust and the 1990's Comic Book Implosion.

In none of them was I harmed, and a few times I made some nice cash. Others did much, much better, so I'm definitely not bragging.

The signs are all there for a drastic reduction in real-world comic book values, and many of the same people who drove the other crashes are taking part in jacking CGC prices to the moon.

If you choose to ignore this, that's your right, but let's not start creating revisionist history on how and why collectibles crash, or painting detractors as people who just fell off the turnip truck.

Where's the STOP button on THIS record player? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif