• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,923 posts in this topic

Got these in today, 1st Boba Fett & Origin + 2nd app. of Groot :headbang:

002_zps7b0d6f14.jpg

004_zps979a252c.jpg

The Star Wars 42 is a reprint (the 4th printing of those pages actually), but appears to be the issue that collectors are zeroing in on despite the earlier printings. Star Wars 68 is a story that has all but been negated in the Star Wars EU, but is still a cool story none-the-less. Is that the issue were we see C-3PO wielding a knife (it was this issue or 69)?

Love the Incredible Hulk annual.

Great pick ups.

Just looked inside my ST #42 book and don't see any sign of 4th reprint anywhere ? but now I think about it, this my not be his first app. ! Marvel Super Special #16 might have been released a few months before Star Wars #42 need to track down my copy to find out for sure. Didn't get the chance to check up on C-3PO wielding the knife in #68 now I'm dying to see it lol

Just looked inside my ST #42 book and don't see any sign of 4th reprint anywhere ? but now I think about it, this my not be his first app. ! Marvel Super Special #16 might have been released a few months before Star Wars #42 need to track down my copy to find out for sure. Didn't get the chance to check up on C-3PO wielding the knife in #68 now I'm dying to see it lol

Marvel Super Special #16 was released 4/1980. SW# 42 was released 12/1980. (thumbs u

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

No problem bro. It looks like Marvel Super Special #16 was also released the same month under Marvel Special Edition ESB #2... That was a Treasury. :popcorn:

2b6ea2df992eb6aca5eee5aa002d0932_zps01fc2e19.jpg[/img]

In addition to those 2 comics (Magazine and Treasury), you also have the Marvel Illustrated Empire Strikes Back paperback which pre-dates Star Wars 42. It is notable because of the different version of Yoda depicted than what is printed in subsequent printings of those pages.

Star Wars 42 is the first "comic book" printing of those pages though and seems to be the issue collectors are zero'ing in on as the 1st appearance of Boba Fett. But, it is the 4th printing of those pages when you count Marvel Super Special 16 (Magazine), Marvel Special Edition ESB 2 (Treasury), and Marvel Illustrated Empire Strikes Back (Paperback.) I'm guessing the Marvel Illustrated Empires Strikes Back (Paperback) is the true 1st appearance of Boba Fett in comics, because of the alternate Yoda depicted.

a367d050-1971-4b5f-8292-7a2563580559_zpsbd037594.jpg

Got these for free this week. This person was going to throw them out so I gladly accepted them. :grin: about 80 books. He told me he was a big time war comics guy when he was younger. Too bad there isn't a Hulk 181 here.

Maybe I shouldn't complain about free stuff..... :blush:

No sign of my copy of MSS #16 anywhere ! had to order that copy again, & looks like I'm picking up MSE #2 lol Thanks again Frankie (thumbs u

No problem bro! Your posting about the Star Wars issues made me wonder what my MSE #2 looked like. I also collect treasury issues and that one was not on my want list.....so I thought I had it. I did not. Only found that out due to your post. Thanks.

Quick eBay search and I found a pretty sweet copy. :headbang:

Still need two more to have them all.....I think. lol

31405b9db821619d3ef46b6e73f089c2_zps9e417a10.jpg[/img]