• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yo Guys, Check out CaptainTripps on the Registry!

92 posts in this topic

Link

At first I was surprised that the cert #'s for the 3 ASM's followed each other, but then I clicked them and realized all the books he's posted so far are Pacific Coast copies.

Well I looked up that cert range that he had on the ASMs. The first one prior to the #3? Just an ASM 1 9.6 white mountain. Prior to that there's.. STT 103 9.6 WM, STT 101 9.4 PC. Then I checked the range afterwards and came up with...

Hulk 1 9.2 Northland

Hulk 4 9.4

Hulk 5 9.4 PC

FF 5 9.4 WM (white pages)

TtA 27 9.4

And that is it.. oh and the kicker? These were all graded yesterday. Looks like this guy has quite the collection...

Brian

Hold on.......they were ALL graded yesterday?

Wasn't the FF #5 White Mountain sold by Mark Wilson some time ago? Were there multiples in the WM collection?

Like we were saying in another thread, never underestimate the crazy stuff that's still out there, ungraded, particularly the pedigrees. It's exciting to see, and a little scary at the same time.

Yep, they were graded yesterday. It certainly looks like it's someone like Brutalo as they're mostly pedigree books and very high quality ones at that. Looks like some of the high quality stuff is getting coaxed out onto the registry.

Obviously the guy isn't selling, I still say it's only a matter of time before all this stuff gets graded. Even people like this who have no desire to sell them..

Brian

Also, wanted to add. I find it very funny that CaptainTripp's set of ONE COMIC book for X-men 1-66. Beats out people with completion ranges between 18-42 percent. Given, I'm sure he'll add more considering some of the ridiculous books he appears to have submitted to CGC.. in the meantime, go super high grade hysteria!! smile.gif

Brian

This must be the same owner of all these Pacific Coast books popping up in the gallery.

Glad I sold my 9.6's before this puppy showed up:

http://photobank.ngccoin.com/cgcgallery/amazing%20spiderman%2342%2D9%2E8%2Ejpg

And here's one of the toughest ASM's in insanely high grade:

http://photobank.ngccoin.com/cgcgallery/amazing%20spiderman%2321%2D9%2E6%2Ejpg

I guess all this talk of the Pacific Coast books being the "Mile High of the Silver Age" is not an exaggeration at all.

Can't find the 42 on the cert look up. The 21 was graded in October. And oh boy were there some nice ones in that lot.. examples..?

So far I've got..

Sgt Fury 5 9.6

ASM 18 9.6 PC

ASM 21 9.6 PC

ASM 24 9.4 PC

ASM 25 9.8 PC

ASM 29 9.6 PC

ASM 30 9.6 PC

ASM 31 9.6 PC

ASM 32 9.6 PC

ASM 33 9.6 PC

ASM 34 9.6 PC

ASM 35 9.6 PC

ASM 36 9.6 PC

Yeh.. uhh definately quite the submission there whoever made it. Makes me feel stupid for sending in my lowly Cap books wink.gif

Do we know who owns most of the PC books now? (I wish it was me..)

Whoever it is definately must have an awesome collection.

The PC collection DEFINATELY looks like the MH of S.A. Marvel..beyond a doubt..

Anyways, I guess it could be the same guy. It would be odd to submit that major key lot AFTER submitting these books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

Some of those are in the gallery. Check out that killer black-covered #60 in 9.8.

I think some people here will know who the owner of these are.

Makes me feel stupid for sending in my lowly Cap books

27_laughing.gif No kidding. Talk about being humbled.