• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yo Guys, Check out CaptainTripps on the Registry!

92 posts in this topic

I don't know much about pedigrees, but I thought the curators were largely ungraded? So how could any real comparison be made? Just curious smile.gif

I know all the early Spideys, Daredevils, and X-Men have been graded, and that the FF 2 to 100 have not. Judging from the 9.9 Tales of Suspense 47 in the Gallery, it's possible all those were graded also.

Pacific Coast of Curator they are both amazing. They each have certain books that are better than the others counterpart. The difference is that you can readily buy PC books where as the Curator books you see for sale are the throw aways. I have to admit though it seems that almost every Curator book I have seen has had White pages or at a minumum off-white to white. Now that is impressive.

Eric

I don't know that PC's are readily available. I've seen a fair amount of Curator's for sale, and I've seen a few PC books for sale. I'd guess all the stuff we see for sale is part of the "B" run (which is still very nice).

Wanted to add that with the exception of a few PC books, I'd say half were off-white to white and other half were white pages. So the PC books definately have the same page quality as the Curator's.

Brian

I'll see if I can find them, but judging from what I've seen so far.. I'm betting they haven't been submitted.

It would definately help tons if someone could get me a serial # off of one of those PC's listed on the gallery with the OLD label.

Brian

Picked up on a few more.. (found some Gold Keys)

Avengers 31 9.4 PC

Avengers 34 9.4 PC

Avengers 35 9.4 PC

Avengers 37 9.6 PC

Avengers 43 9.4 PC

Avengers 45 9.4 PC

FF 40 9.4 PC

DD 11 .0 (dunno what that's about???) PC

DD 28 9.0 PC

DD 30 9.6 PC

Girl from UNCLE 1 9.6 PC

Girl from UNCLE 4 9.2 PC

Secret Agent 1 9.4 PC

FF 31 9.4 PC

Avengers 2 9.6 PC

Avengers 7 9.4 PC

Hulk 4 .0 (again, dunno) PC

Avengers 21 9.4 PC

X-men 59 9.4 PC

DD 10 9.4 PC

TtA 67 9.4 WM

Still haven't found any JIM's, many X-mens, or any DCs. Found some more WM's though smile.gif

Brian

Send them in to CGC noting them as "Curators". I think between the CGC staff and their resources they can figure out whether or not is one. I know there's multiple people who've sent in books without pedigree that have turned out to be from pedigreed collections.

Brian

Thanks, I still have a printout of the auction where he lists them as curator's(?).One is easy9.4 maybe better,white pages, other is maybe9.0 with a small dent in bc,with whiter white pages.Got themfor a steal, I think.

Yeh, I would think it'd be easier for something like the Curator or PC to get a pedigree on a book like that. Unfortunately some pedigrees don't have a master list that's very fully completed, so a lot of detection goes by appearance and smell. I'm pretty sure I have a Golden Records Reprint Avengers 4 that was part of the Oakland collection, but can't find a master list anywhere. frown.gif

Brian

I'd love to see more DC's from those Curator's. Would be interesting to know what all the issues are. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Well...the Atom 1 CGC 9.0 and another #1 was on ComicLink. Other than those, I have never seen any Curator DCs offered for sale. 893frustrated.gif

Well...I believe the BlazingBob mentioned that Robert Roter is pricing his DCs so high because Robert felt that he sold the Marvels too cheaply pre-CGC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif