• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with starting a website for selling books.

60 posts in this topic

So I have decided that I should start a website, and open an ebay store. I am looking for info for design, looking for suggestions for ease of use (for both myself and potential viewers). How should I go about this? I have only had one website built in the past and don't remember how it was done.

And I need to finally break down and come up with a company name. This has always been difficult when I set up at conventions as I just give them my name.

Figured you guys would have suggestions, poke some fun at me, etc...

Pat,

I had a ProStores website about a year ago that I tried....they promote it through eBay. The setup procedure isn't that difficult and the monthly cost is pretty cheap. The problem I had was knowing how to get traffic to the website. At the time I don't believe eBay allowed promotion through your eBay listings. That might have changed since then.

Mike

Pat,

I had a ProStores website about a year ago that I tried....they promote it through eBay. The setup procedure isn't that difficult and the monthly cost is pretty cheap. The problem I had was knowing how to get traffic to the website. At the time I don't believe eBay allowed promotion through your eBay listings. That might have changed since then.

Mike

I see a few sales that have store info in them, so maybe this would be worth looking into. I also want to offer submissions through the store, so that is another thing to look into. I definately have my work cut out for me. Where can I find the ProStores info?

Pat,

Mike

I see a few sales that have store info in them, so maybe this would be worth looking into. I also want to offer submissions through the store, so that is another thing to look into. I definately have my work cut out for me. Where can I find the ProStores info?

Go into eBay and click on "Site Map" in the upper right corner. Then in the middle column about half-way down in the Web Stores section click on "ProStores". I'm actually thinking about trying it again myself.

Mike

I will give it a try (thumbs u

Now I still need the name and such

Just read some info on ProStores really quick and it looks like you can link your ProStores website through your eBay store. Plus, you get a discount on your monthly fee if you also have an eBay store.

Mike

I was looking into opening a website to sell books myself but just don't have the time with two young kids.

Hope it all works out for you mate (thumbs u

I will give it a try (thumbs u

Now I still need the name and such

Just read some info on ProStores really quick and it looks like you can link your ProStores website through your eBay store. Plus, you get a discount on your monthly fee if you also have an eBay store.

Mike

I will be looking into this today. (thumbs u

I was looking into opening a website to sell books myself but just don't have the time with two young kids.

Wife will be home all day and she has great computer skills. Baby is here Jan.31st (thumbs u

Thanks for the well-wishes

Wife will be home all day and she has great computer skills. Baby is here Jan.31st (thumbs u

Thanks for the well-wishes

Yeah my wife is here all day too at the moment, but she wouldn't have anything to do with comics - she hates them. Or me. Or both! I think she may be coming around to the idea of trying to make a go of it though.

Here's to persistence!

lol

My wife is at 3 comic shows every month, and is fairly involved with my love for comics. I dont think it would be any problem for her to maintain the site. As long as I grade the books. You guys would love how she under-grades everything...

Prostores is a good product. Unfortunately it is an ebay affilliate. You still can not link to your Prostore through your ebay listings but you can direct ebay customers to check out through your website. It is ok to have a link on your about me page.

It will also sync your ebay store to your website and revise items in both the site and your ebay store. If you list it on ebay, it will go on your site as well, and if it sells on ebay, it comes out of your site inventory. but you can put stuff in your site that is not in your ebay store.

It will be easiest to set up youer ebay store first. Plus you get a 30% discount on the prostore rate if you have an ebay store already.

I find it extremely easy to use and I have very, very little tech knowledge.

Here is a liknk to my prostore. I'm still testing out thumbnail sizes and working on layout. Inventory is limited as well. But you will get the idea.

AllSelectComics.com

Prostores is a good product. Unfortunately it is an ebay affilliate. You still can not link to your Prostore through your ebay listings but you can direct ebay customers to check out through your website. It is ok to have a link on your about me page.

It will also sync your ebay store to your website and revise items in both the site and your ebay store. If you list it on ebay, it will go on your site as well, and if it sells on ebay, it comes out of your site inventory. but you can put stuff in your site that is not in your ebay store.

It will be easiest to set up youer ebay store first. Plus you get a 30% discount on the prostore rate if you have an ebay store already.

I find it extremely easy to use and I have very, very little tech knowledge.

Here is a liknk to my prostore. I'm still testing out thumbnail sizes and working on layout. Inventory is limited as well. But you will get the idea.

AllSelectComics.com

Nice start! (thumbs u

Now you guys have me giving some SERIOUS thought to opening a ProStores website myself! hm

Shark