• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

11/28/03 PRETTY BOOK OF THE DAY

77 posts in this topic

Nice run. The bottom half of the cover of #2 is not adams best work though crazy.gif ... it's a good thing spectre isn't mortal because if he was he would have popped out his spine contorting into that position insane.gif

yeah God forbid someone post pics of their books....it's not like you have your own thread devoted to showing off your books or anything 27_laughing.gif I guess I'm just not impressed by 2nd tier silver age DC books that arn't even CGC high grade. That is my opinion hence the *yawn* I suppose I never understood the need to start a thread to show off my books. hmmm oh well.

Eric

I suppose I never understood the need to start a thread to show off my books. hmmm oh well.

My favorite part of this board is seeing other people books. I guess I thought most others felt the same. tongue.gif

yeah God forbid someone post pics of their books....it's not like you have your own thread devoted to showing off your books or anything 27_laughing.gif I guess I'm just not impressed by 2nd tier silver age DC books that arn't even CGC high grade. That is my opinion hence the *yawn* I suppose I never understood the need to start a thread to show off my books. hmmm oh well.

Eric

Actually Eric, I'm not trying to "show off" my books. I enjoy seeing books I don't normally see (which are most of the books posted on these boards), so I thought I'd share mine (or I guess to you I'm "showing them off"). It took me a long time to get all my books scanned, saved into my comptuer, uploaded to my server, etc., so I guess I just get annoyed when people make petty, belittling comments for no reason. 893naughty-thumb.gif My bad! crazy.gif

Actually Eric, I'm not trying to "show off" my books. I enjoy seeing books I don't normally see (which are most of the books posted on these boards), so I thought I'd share mine (or I guess to you I'm "showing them off"). It took me a long time to get all my books scanned, saved into my comptuer, uploaded to my server, etc., so I guess I just get annoyed when people make petty, belittling comments for no reason. My bad!

So was the hard work all for our benifit or do you do this with all of your books? Look I have no problem with what you are doing but at least have the guts to call it what it is. You started your own post to show off your books. Nothing wrong with that, I would probably do it to if I wasn't computer illiterate. On the other hand there is no reason to call me a hater because I'm not impressed with someone who did the same thing...put their books in the open to be viewed and judged. Calling me a hater was a belittleing comment too Bonds.

Eric

Ericc, if I was trying to show off, I wouldn't post my Fantastic Four #236, my Boris the Bear #1, etc. I have some cool books that I like, and hopefully others will like them too. If everyone has the same opinion as you, I'll quit posting my books because I'm not trying to show up anyone.

And I called you a hater because you had to make a point of belittling someone's books by posting the sleeping.gif s. It doesn't make anyone feel better when their books are put down. If someone posts a book I think is a POS, I just don't comment.

Hey Bonds, keep 'em coming. thumbsup2.gifsign-rantpost.gif That's one of the best parts of these boards, sharing our books whether their mint or not "who cares", seeing a book , that you never seen before increases your joy of the hobby. So keep scanning those books for us, soon as I get a scanner I want to share some of my books with you guys also, if this puts anybody to sleep, etc. "sorry" go to another post then.