• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Con THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!

89 posts in this topic

Was that chuck costas that you met? What zeck pieces did he have?

ding ding ding!! Very nice guy - he had a bunch of LDK pages, a few random

(and I do mean random) Marvel covers; his best stuff is at home and framed on his wall smile.gif

DAM

Chuck Costas is a very nice guy - he's a local DC guy, always at Tysons. He has independents that will make all of you drool. Albedo 2. Several Cerebus 1s. Several TMNT 1s. Gobbledegook 1. The whole package. He also has a bunch of X-Men 94 pages and, like Dave said, tons of Zeck stuff. He sells every now and then on eBay, his seller name is comicconxion, something like that.

Yeah I know. I almost bought a TMNT 1 and a Cerebus 1 from him but ultimately we couldn't agree on price. From what he's told me though he actually has very few comics - 99% original art.

Where there any aritsts who didn't show up???

From Dam60's first post: "The artists alley was the biggest disappointment. I talked to Buzz about getting a piece which was cool, love his bats, but I would say with no exaggeration that over 1/2 of the guys that were suppossed to show didn't. What a bummer!! I even went and bought a brand new Deathlok #1 (for $1) so that Joe Jusko could sign it. Too bad he didnt' show up "

Where there any aritsts who didn't show up???

From Dam60's first post: "The artists alley was the biggest disappointment. I talked to Buzz about getting a piece which was cool, love his bats, but I would say with no exaggeration that over 1/2 of the guys that were suppossed to show didn't. What a bummer!! I even went and bought a brand new Deathlok #1 (for $1) so that Joe Jusko could sign it. Too bad he didnt' show up "

Yeah, I read that. But this report covered only Friday night. Jusko could have shown up on the weekend... confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought Dave might have covered this in his addendum:

Joe Jusko WAS there... in fact DAM did get his book signed eventually by the man who was a complete gentleman. As was Brian Pullido, who was a great guy.

Also there was Buzz... awesome guy... Mike Bair, Gene Colan, Peter David and many others who I didn't have a chance to speak to.

Dave's definitely more into the artists than I am, so he spent a little more time talking to them... he's also a big Jusko fan as well.

Artists' Alley was a convoluted mess though... and it was hard to sit or walk anywhere in those isles.

Great show though overall... had a blast over the weekend... what made the weekend good... Dave, Joe Conzolo, Ben from Zapp, Steve Borock, Bob Storms, Ted VanLiew, Paul Litch, Peter, Kev and the others from Paradise Comics, Thomas of Zen, Buzz, Rube11, Shadroch, Rocketeer, HooDeeDo and all the others I met and spoke to at the con... it was great experience not because of all the books and stuff I bought, but meeting all the people.

Great show though overall... had a blast over the weekend... what made the weekend good... Dave, Joe Conzolo, Ben from Zapp, Steve Borock, Bob Storms, Ted VanLiew, Paul Litch, Peter, Kev and the others from Paradise Comics, Thomas of Zen, Buzz, Rube11, Shadroch, Rocketeer, HooDeeDo and all the others I met and spoke to at the con... it was great experience not because of all the books and stuff I bought, but meeting all the people.

Let me just echo that - these shows are great because of the people, not because of the books or getting the sketches. It was really cool to see some guys I haven't seen in a while and to meet some new dealers and forumites.

Also, as an addendum which I did overlook, Joe Jusko did show on Sat and Sun and was really a great guy. He signed my Deathlok #1 straight from the dollar bin (best purchase ever! tongue.gif ) and didn't make me feel rushed or anything like that. Really cool guy.

DAM