• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allcomixs has gone mad!

26 posts in this topic

"On Friday Nov. 28, a competitor / hacker who obviously can't compete with our low prices and who also became very frustrated, tapped into our ebay account and proceeded to leave over 300 fraudulent negative comments to all of our past clientele."

That's just a PR snow-job.

After all, how would this go over:

"On Friday Nov. 28, a recently-fired employee tapped into our ebay account and, since we were too stupid to change our password and too lazy to post feedback from 3 months ago, proceeded to leave over 300 fraudulent negative comments to all of our past clientele."

That's more like it JC. I won a couple of books from Allcomix a few months ago and, while they appear to be very pleasant people, it took them a couple of months to leave feedback. That stuff drives my anal self nuts.

In this case either what JC outlined (an inside job) or this seller falling for one of the numerous "spoof" emails that are sent out every month is far more likely scenario than anyone actually breaking into a computer and stealing passwords. Both are easily avoided once a little bit of common sense is applied.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the account was "hacked" because his password was the same as his user name. A staggering number of people make this mistake. I can't even tell you how many e-mails I've sent to all users at work begging them not to use "bob.smith1" as their password if their name is Bob Smith, but at any given time I can find a dozen accounts set up that way.

about 4 months ago they had problems with their computers saying everything had got wiped out and had to start over because it was 3 weeks before they could send me their address.hope this is the last bad thing that happens to them tongue.gif

Just talked to Chris from allcomix - he feels really bad about all this - but he has already sent in all the paperwork to have the negative feedbacks removed - it's all now on ebay's hands. I also talked to him about those strange BIN he has on some of the stuff he's selling - he wants all who buy from him to go in and read the first few paragraphs which explain everything going on. thumbsup2.gif

Perhaps it's the latent con man in me... but it would seem to me that adding ridiculous buy-it-now prices to your items would be a pretty good way to get people talking about your auctions. And it might steer a few extra eyeballs your way, resulting in more dollars in your pocket...

Yes...there is much truth in the exorbitant eye catcher of a BIN...case in point...my Origin 1 CGC 10.0 listed at a bin of $5K earned me several hate emails, some mention in the CGC Hall of Shame article and increased traffic to my auctions of otherwise commonplace, off-the-shelf high grade books. which reminds me...tis the season to be posting it for show again 893scratchchin-thumb.gif