• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On the Cerebus watch...

12 posts in this topic

A couple of good ones today. Firstly, I am going to sell off a very similiar set as this in Feb or so next year, so this is encouraging:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2207299533&category=3979

and here is a surprising finishing price for issues which are essentially 'dead':

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2205130619&category=77

If u have an authentic Cerebus #1, u should break it out from the rest of the run when u auction it. e.g. Cerebus #2-24, #25-50. Your link above goes to a seller who cannot say 100% that the Cerebus 1 he is selling is even authentic. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The #1 in that auction looks like a 'stock' photo to me, but it does look a little odd. I don't think that I would have pulled the trigger on so high a BIN without knowing for certain. I would think that the buyer would have a hard time returning the set if it did turn out to be a counterfeit, just because the seller's decription is vague. The 'I'm not an expert' line would be liberally used in this instance I think.

If u have an authentic Cerebus #1, u should break it out from the rest of the run when u auction it. e.g. Cerebus #2-24, #25-50. Your link above goes to a seller who cannot say 100% that the Cerebus 1 he is selling is even authentic. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The thing which is putting me off that tactic a bit (and favoring the whole set approach) is this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2203731898&category=3979

This went for a very low price IMO, and puts me off a grouping without #1 on it.

That is a terrible price. Having sold raw cerebus sets myself I feel confident in saying he could have gotten more for 5-25 alone if he had sold them individually with nice scans etc... he really gave those books away crazy.gif

I have a complete Cerebus run, so dont misunderstand my question, but: aside from #1, do you all really think Cerebus will maintain its values (let alone increase) once Dave is done in a few months???

Unless he keeps th echaracter around with new stories or projects, I think sadly Cerebus back issues are going to start a long slow slide into oblivion...

Could be. I used to think that it was a long enough series to stave off the defunct title effect, but the defunct title / defunct publisher double whammy may prove really challenging. That's part of why I sold my early originals. Only have 25up now and a trade of the rest.

That is a terrible price. Having sold raw cerebus sets myself I feel confident in saying he could have gotten more for 5-25 alone if he had sold them individually with nice scans etc... he really gave those books away crazy.gif

You can say that again. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't put down a higher bid. frown.gif

On the subject of whether this series has legs, as I said I'm going to sell my duplicate set of 1-113 early next year, and put it towards something nice. I'm hoping to pick up a nice CGC copy of #1 at some point later in the year, hopefully once things have cooled off a little.

As Dan knows, I'm working on a HG set to keep though, and I'm working on the other cross-overs and appearances to finish off as complete a set as possible. I'm not really that worried about the value aspect from that regard - I think that it's a great series, so it's really a lurve thing. grin.gif