• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you think...

16 posts in this topic

my email to him:

My feedback is, currently, 3780. I don't have a (5) next to my name. Can I bid on your auction?

Your description and payment terms, are, to put it mildly, a little off putting. Have you gotten zapped recently with non-paying bidders?

His response:

Hello,

Your email is similar to many that I receive. It lacks a Salutation, and people don't end their corrsepondance with their name. It is usually blank, like yours.

I like real people, but people in eBay Cyberspace are not like regular people. I tried to accept Money Orders, and gave people 7 days to receive payment for about three weeks in October. Up until that time, my payment arrangement had always been PayPal Only - 48 Hour Payment. I did not like the Money Order/7 Day Payment arrangement.

Some people feel like that means as long as it is postmarked within 7 days, this is alright. Some will tell you it is in the mail, and it arrives 9 days later with a Post Mark that is three days prior to your receiving it. And even worse, one Bidder wanted to keep bidding over a period of a week or longer, seemingly to put off his having to pay for another 7 days from his last auction win. His answer to my emails when sent a Total was something like, "Thanks for the Invoice, but I'm going to continue bidding (maybe)". A Non-Paying Bidder Report straightened that out nicely.

People are procrastinators, forgetful, and oftentimes spiteful. They have the attitude once they have won that they have you where they want you. I'll pay when I want to. I don't like dealing with Newbies, or slow Payers, plain and simple. I don't like putting my faith in anyone for any longer than it takes to transfer me the money electronically. If my Description and Payment terms are off-putting to those people; Yea for me.

I have seen too many new folk to eBay, leave Negative Feedback for next to no reason at all, or worse, they use it as some kind of communication vehicle. Ridiculous stuff. I like dealing with experienced eBay, and PayPal Users. What is wrong with only wanting to sell to the best Bidder/Buyers? i.e. Responsible, reliable, friendly, seemingly normal.

Look at my Feedback, if you haven't already. I sell items for hundreds of dollars, and the condition, shipping, communication, etc. is exceptional. I ship both domestic and world-wide, and I have never lost or damaged one item. I have never had ONE non-paying Bidder. Not one. Recently or otherwise. How can this be you might surmise? I deal with the best.

I see by your Description page, that you seemed to have had the pleasure of dealing with quite a few of the Non-Paying sort. "Sorry to be a pain, but too many deadbeat bidders". Why do you think this is? You have enough experience, much more than me. Why is that you have to apologize for your rules, and have "too many deadbeat bidders", and yet I make no such apologies, and have had no problems of this sort in the 13 months I've been on eBay?

People who email me, with an intelligent and well written request for a waiver about them being new, and my allowing them to bid, are usually met with a positive response. People who have nothing better to do than give me a hard time about my rules, are usually not.

I am from a generation who believed in a person being only as good as their word. This belief no longer applies. There was also one slogan, from those bygone days, that might sum up my "Bidder Requirements" quite succinctly. "Different strokes, fo' different folks". And so it is...

Tim Keene (AtomicOpera)

P.S. Thank you for bring my faux pas to light. I have corrected my asking for a five next to your name, and when I start Selling again, that correction will be permanent.

Hello,

As a P.S.S. to my other email, if you look at my Feedback as of right now, I have recently received 2 Neutrals from the insufficiently_thoughtful_person I was telling you about in my other email. The one that wanted to keep bidding. He says:

Neutral : note to self: do not bid with this seller, all others: seller is no fun

Twice no less. If it was really a note to self, he should have kept it to himself. He says "do not bid with this seller", when he knows he was blocked before I received payment. How infantile.

What do you make of this kind of Bidder? Can you see why I really only want the best people bidding? Wait till he gets my Feedback. He will wish he left Negatives. I can say more in 80 characters than some people can with twice that amount.

Tim Keene (AtomicOpera)

The funniest thing to me is he really doesn't understand what sort a nut he looks like with the bold, red, 20 point type and endless repetition of his message for two screens before he even begins to describe the item he's selling. He thinks people are giving him a hard time ONLY because of his rules. That's funny. Note to AtomicKnight: your rules aren't all that strange; it's the obsessive, outrageous way you publish them that's a little "off"

Did he end all his auctions because people were giving him a hard time?

Too many frickin' rules. If I pay in 4 days, and the item gets shipped to me 4 days slower than it normally would have, that's my fault, right? Using fast shipment as an excuse for those rules is an outright misrepresentation of his real motive--he wants the money fast. What kinds of time-sensitive items does this guy usually deal in--human organs?!? 893blahblah.gif

He's not incorrect in thinking that he's weeding out a lot of bad buyers, but he doesn't seem to realize he's also weeding out a lot of good ones, also.

This guy's a nut...you're not doing yourself any favors by ranting and raving for 2-3 pages before getting to the item you listed!! 893frustrated.gif

I hate having to peruse up and down the dang listing to see what the grade is on an item and/or see a description. Not putting the grade in the auction title is bad enough, but when the description/grade is buried in the middle of a littany of rules, regulations, and restrictions...total turnoff. mad.gif

I'm still trying to figure out that part where he says the book has "never been owned". That's an astounding observation of the human condition relative to the planet we inhabit... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm still trying to figure out that part where he says the book has "never been owned". That's an astounding observation of the human condition relative to the planet we inhabit... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

lol..

Yes, that is quite amazing. What gets me is, it's never been owned *and* it has defects "of unknown origin" bringing it to VF/VF+ (or NM- if he feels like it.)

Those defects couldn't have been.. *gasp*.. from having an owner! Having an owner would bring it down at least a grade! No, this is an orphan comic, wandering on its own its whole life, doing its own thing.. when some mysterious affliction made it no longer Near Mint!

Charlie

Superboy #1 1949

Triumph Comics 1939 Superman

Iron Man 55

ebay id RushComics

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=RushComics&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1