• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Adventures of Jerry Lewis 72

Thoughtfully annotated by the original owner. Does anyone else think that she's too good-looking? Maybe she's too rich too.

Jerry72.jpg

sure Jack... the "original Owner" more like that book was sitting by the phone while you were talking & your hand started to wander. lol

Not near as nice as John T's copy....... .here's my MIS....This is one collection I'm going to upgrade as a priority...

MysteryInSpace71.jpg

Doesn't look that bad. 10-centers are allowed to have a little wear--unless you're Inaflash, Adamstrange, Zzutak, Silver, Comick1, or AtlasFan.

Probably skipped someone there...sorry!

Those guys are no different than me except they probably do not show their worse copies. I have many books as nice as them...but I collect so many titles that the grades overall are a mixed bag. If you notice when I show 15 to 20 books there are a few HG's in the mix. A couple low's and average about mid-grade. It's not about who has the nicest copy...but for some perhaps it is. And I love seeing the HG copies..especially if mine is a lesser example. Keep 'em rollin' gang!!

I don't know...I've got a feeling some of those guys may only focus on higher grade, but that may just be an assumption.

I like seeing the different collecting styles. Mine is eclectic and I'll definitely buy midgrade, or even low grade on the rare stuff. But occasionally it's a real treat to see the almost pristine books some of you are posting.

I missed this one yesterday

3142735887_8bab67ca33_o.jpg

Nice cover! There's probably half a dozen "sphinx" covers in the DC Atom and Silver ages.

MIS72.jpg

Likewise, John! THAT is beautiful! Love Infantino's aliens. They always seemed more sinister than other artists' aliens for some reason. Maybe the elongated lines? Quintessential Infantino cityscape, too. Awesome copy!

I agree, this is a great cover. The angled horizon gives the sensation of flying, and the skyline is classic. Pretty good rendering of Adam too.

Adventures of Jerry Lewis 72

Thoughtfully annotated by the original owner. Does anyone else think that she's too good-looking? Maybe she's too rich too.

Jerry72.jpg

sure Jack... the "original Owner" more like that book was sitting by the phone while you were talking & your hand started to wander. lol

I'm innocent! I DON'T EVEN KNOW BOBBY!

Since you backed me into a corner, I have to reveal that this book came from skypinkblu. Shocking, isn't it?

(And I goofed earlier. Bobby's gal, A. G., is too good looling, not too good looking.)

Jack

Seeing your copy of JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #71 reminded me that I also have a copy, so I pulled out a Xerox copy I made of the cover years ago and scanned it for posting.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it appears that your copy was trimmed on the right side, either that, or it was badly miscut during printing. Here's a scan of my copy with which to compare yours.

JourneyIntoMystery71.jpg

72~

Well, I'm never going to be able to post 20 covers seadevils - and if I was it would have to have been while we were in the 20's or even the teens.

but after yesterday I have to go with the my very favorite B&B cover after the beginning of the superhero run (the early issues with Viking Prince and the lot were the bestest)

BB72.jpg

And I guess that's it till tomorrow.

Happy Friday

Awesome copy Lee. :applause: Makes me want to touch up my B&B collection among others. You're not as old as I am Lee...otherwise you probably would be able to post 20+ issues....As I recall you said you were in your 20's? I'm impressed someone so young has a silver-collection you've amassed thus far. Keep pluggin' (thumbs u Course I'm still a young 46 for a couple more days.

No, I am very much in my 40's - very nearly 44, but I have been divorced twice and had a couple rough stretches financially so some parts of my collection are thinner than others.

That is a nice copy though - page quality is about as low as I like to go on a slab - but PQ can change from one submission to the next so easily. :insane: