• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

I haven't had these Superboys out of their mylar for ages. Can't believe how nice they are.

Superboy97.jpg

Your recent batch of Superboys are beautiful copies and great for us to see.

It would be interesting if you can tell us something of their origins. Are they original owner copies?

That's a good question. I got them back in the 70's, when I was a teenager, but I'm not sure where. I think they came from a comic shop in Los Angeles. My parents split up and my dad more to LA, and I went to visit and he took me to one of the big, famous stores there. I don't remember the name of it (anyone know the big stores in LA?). I bought some comics there, and these might be part of that purchase. Dad also bought me some books from that store for my birthday and sent them to me, and I know for sure that they were Superboys.

The other possibility is I picked them up at a convention in Columbus in the 70's.

I always loved the Spectre's app. on this cover...

Ghosts97.jpg

Wow, didn't know about this issue. Kind of a final hurrah of the Spectre by Aparo. Do you know if he drew the inside? I love his run on Spectre in Adventure.

Catching up on a few days if that's OK - 95 and 96

As long as it includes Severin/Elder, it's okay by me! :applause:

Jack Severin? Who's that?

wf97.jpg

hm This one has some greytone elements. Look at the clipboard and test tubes.

Really love this cover. I'd love to get a copy.

This is one of my favorite Superboys. First appearance of Ultra Boy, and a great cover with a nice depiction of Lana by Swan.

Superboy98.jpg

This is one of my favorite Superboys. First appearance of Ultra Boy, and a great cover with a nice depiction of Lana by Swan.

Superboy98.jpg

I guess that was standard procedure for Clark to "check out" everybody in town to see what's under the shirt.