• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

MAD 106 front cover.....

Got that one, 'trooper?

Jack

There's no parachute on the cover.

Yea.....I guess paratrooper wouldn't be interested in this mag :grin:

:gossip: I'm assuming (for the poor sake of Neuman) that the reserve still works.

It worked out just fine...I'm still here, ain't I? There was no injury 'cause I landed on my head. (:

I have several 107 but no copy of Prize Comics Western :( ... yet :)

Scribbles aside, fantastic! I'm looking forward to finding this issue. All strip reprints?

77966.jpg

Wow! Is this the best Heap cover?

77967.jpg

I'm enjoying seeing this series. Great coloring on the cover.

77968.jpg

Omigosh! What a wild Capt. Marvel Jr. cover! *check* Bud Thompson -- not an artist I'm familar with.

77969.jpg

The grades aren't going to top any census, but great assortment!

Jack

Scribbles aside, fantastic! I'm looking forward to finding this issue. All strip reprints?

:hi: Jack.

FC 107 - Looks like all reprints. I'd have to check with the new reprint collection which time period it collects.

Wow! Is this the best Heap cover?

It's nice but not my favorite. I think my favorite was posted a day or so ago, being the only one with The Heap and Airboy together on the cover.

I'm enjoying seeing this series. Great coloring on the cover.

Thank you. It's a nice short consistent run.

Omigosh! What a wild Capt. Marvel Jr. cover! *check* Bud Thompson -- not an artist I'm familar with.

AStrange has a kick- Thompson cover with Cap Jr on a broomstick. Hopefully he can post it again. A couple of years ago Thompson grand-son contacted me through the boards and I put him in touch with Roy Thomas and an article on Thompson came out eventually in Alter Ego. That was cool.

108.jpg

Hulk gegen DING!!!

I guess some things lose a bit in translation...like the manliness of the Thing's name.

Cool Kung-Fu book by the way.

Hulk gegen DING!!!

I guess some things lose a bit in translation...like the manliness of the Thing's name.

Cool Kung-Fu book by the way.

True. Although the Williams guys usually did a great job not only translating these Marvels but also making them sound "right" in German. Like having the Thing talk in a Berlin accent. On the other hand German DC reprints of that era are barely readable because of horrible translations and the lack of hand lettering :P

And these Kung Fu books used to have pretty cool covers but were severely lacking in story/artwork contents...