• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Have any other 247's Steelcity? :baiting::shy:

Well, of course I have the Adventure but that's been done.

I have a really nice Action #247 which I thought I had a scan of. Alas, I cannot find the image and I can't get to the book today.

Bring out the Adventure....already done or not :foryou:

OK...here it is.

Interesting to note that for part of the print run there is a pale yellow shading effect on Superboy's left foot. I have only seen it on a very few copies. Whether it is deliberate or a printing accident I have not been able to find out - but I do know that CGC consider it to be a normal feature.

adv247.jpg

Another variation on the Adventure #247 is the colored bar beneath the YES/NO indicators. On some copies - like the one posted earlier - it is a deep purple and on others - like above - it is a rich dark blue.

The cover color variations on 1950s DC books is yet another reason why we love 'em so much!

OK...here it is.

Interesting to note that for part of the print run there is a pale yellow shading effect on Superboy's left foot. I have only seen it on a very few copies. Whether it is deliberate or a printing accident I have not been able to find out - but I do know that CGC consider it to be a normal feature.

adv247.jpg

Thanks for posting. This key has lost none of its luster for me. Don't know if I'll ever get a copy (I hope to), but if I do it damn sure won't be as nice as this one!

Bought this beat up...er...well-loved comic when I was a kid, and I still remember how exciting it was to have such an early issue.

And what a great issue...first appearance of Congorilla!

(Got a series that's lagging in popularity? Turn the main character into a gorilla! Works every time.)

Action248.jpg