• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

sb253.jpg

Who are those characters? I'm blank on this Legion era. Is this an "Avengers homage" team?

Is that Silver Slasher on the left? Identical to the shiny Avenger I can never remember? (Jocasta?)

Titania with red hair? Seems almost identical to the Marvel character with the same name.

Jack

Ah, my first Legion issue, read literally to pieces. Those are the League of Super Assassins. They blame the Legion for the destruction of their home planet, were given super-powers by the Dark Man (I won't spoil his real identity) and come after revenge in this issue, apparently killing a handful of Legionnaires. In the next issue, they are defeated in a fight that my six-year-old self thought was the coolest battle ever in comics...and I still think it's up there.

To my knowledge they are not an Avengers homage and they rarely appear again, except for Blok, of course, who reforms and joins the Legion. The others are Titania, Silver Slasher, Mist Master, Lazon, Neutrax. The only other time I recall seeing them was in issues 1-5 of the Baxter series where the join the Legion of Super-Villians.

Darn you, PokerKid. :P

My goal was to have a Batman 251 by day 251 so I could post it in this thread. I just bought one on Friday (still not in hand). But here it is.

Batman251_090409.jpg

Looks like a nice copy, congrats.

Alas, not as nice in hand. So I'm returning it. :(

Well....Superboy and the Legion end at 258 and and so does Tarzan. My Superman run stops in the mid 260's as well.... :sorry:

I have Action through the 365 and will have Adventures most of the way from 267.

I may need to scan some other stuff.

Well....Superboy and the Legion end at 258 and and so does Tarzan. My Superman run stops in the mid 260's as well.... :sorry:

I have Action through the 365 and will have Adventures most of the way from 267.

You're not the only one. I have long run out of new scans to show in these forums without returning to that tedious big light machine...

I'll put up today's Adventure as it's yet another favorite of mine:

AdventureComics253.jpg

Darn you, PokerKid. :P

My goal was to have a Batman 251 by day 251 so I could post it in this thread. I just bought one on Friday (still not in hand). But here it is.

Batman251_090409.jpg

Looks like a nice copy, congrats.

Alas, not as nice in hand. So I'm returning it. :(

:tonofbricks:

You're not the only one. I have long run out of new scans to show in these forums without returning to that tedious big light machine...

I'll put up today's Adventure as it's yet another favorite of mine:

AdventureComics253.jpg

Fantastic cover. Any cover that shows all the planets must be cool.

part of a classic two part story that brings Bizarro over from Superboy comics to Superman. I think this may be the first two parter in Superman but I am not sure. This is a great, great story.

act254.jpg

part of a classic two part story that brings Bizarro over from Superboy comics to Superman. I think this may be the first two parter in Superman but I am not sure. This is a great, great story.

act254.jpg

I didn't realize this issue and the next were a two-parter. I have a 255...have to take another look at it.

This is such an awesome cover!

act254.jpg

I didn't realize this issue and the next were a two-parter. I have a 255...have to take another look at it.

This is such an awesome cover!

Best place to read the whole thing is probably "Superman in the Fifties" collection.