• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Can you tell me how you capture the post you are replying to and include it in your reply?

Sure, use the "quote" option at the bottom of the post you want to reply to.

Thanks JohnT, I guess you now realize I am not too bright.

Can you tell me how you capture the post you are replying to and include it in your reply?

Sure, use the "quote" option at the bottom of the post you want to reply to.

Thanks JohnT, I guess you now realize I am not too bright.

lol

ADVENTURE260F.jpg

Collectors often don't appreciate how irritatingly expensive this issue is, as it appears to be just another in a long run. However, Adventure Comics #260 is a tough book.

Very impressed to read that your books are original copies, Charlie. I don't think many here have owned a book over fifty years, though Silver intends to!

I'm not sure how many Adventure #260s I have owned. I do remember my first copy, that I got from a comic book store in the 1980s. It had a huge crease right across the title logo and eventually I traded it for a slightly nicer copy.

I bought a copy from Metro once and even bought a copy claiming to be a file copy, with a strange pencil code on the splash page.

I looked at the Mohawk Valley copy in 1995 but it was far too expensive. It is for sale on Comiclink.

Ironically, I came across and bought two nice copies almost back to back, one on its own and another in a small group of what were called original owner books. My intention was to sell one and I will. They are about as identical as two books can be.

Here is one of them:

AdventureComics260-Fishler.jpg

I'm not sure how many Adventure #260s I have owned. I do remember my first copy, that I got from a comic book store in the 1980s. It had a huge crease right across the title logo and eventually I traded it for a slightly nicer copy.

I bought a copy from Metro once and even bought a copy claiming to be a file copy, with a strange pencil code on the splash page.

I looked at the Mohawk Valley copy in 1995 but it was far too expensive. It is for sale on Comiclink.

Ironically, I came across and bought two nice copies almost back to back, one on its own and another in a small group of what were called original owner books. My intention was to sell one and I will. They are about as identical as two books can be.

Here is one of them:

Very sweet! Too bad Aquaman isn't on the cover because his origin is in the issue!

Here is one of them:

Very sweet! Too bad Aquaman isn't on the cover because his origin is in the issue!

Aquaman had to get less respect than any significant character. He first appeared in 1941 in More Fun #73 and never showed up on a cover until Brave and the Bold #28 in 1960 with four other superheroes. I can't imagine any other character spent their first 19 years without appearing on a cover.

ADVENTURE260F.jpg

Collectors often don't appreciate how irritatingly expensive this issue is, as it appears to be just another in a long run. However, Adventure Comics #260 is a tough book.

Very impressed to read that your books are original copies, Charlie. I don't think many here have owned a book over fifty years, though Silver intends to!

I only have about half of my original purchases. During a move about 30 years ago the other half didn't make it to the new house. I didn't even realize it until 10 years later.

ADVENTURE260F.jpg

I only have about half of my original purchases. During a move about 30 years ago the other half didn't make it to the new house. I didn't even realize it until 10 years later.

:o

Aquaman had to get less respect than any significant character. He first appeared in 1941 in More Fun #73 and never showed up on a cover until Brave and the Bold #28 in 1960 with four other superheroes. I can't imagine any other character spent their first 19 years without appearing on a cover.

Interesting tidbit that I didn't know. Hard to believe he wasn't on a cover before then.

I'm a member of the club! I bought this back in the late 70's precisely because it had Aquaman's origin. There wasn't a premium on it back then. Definitely could use an upgrade at some point.

Adventure260.jpg