• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

I didn't start posting on this thread until #53, so I thought I'd post a cheat. Three #1's (111) I didn't see posted at the beginning of the thread.

Daring Love #1. Listed as scarce in Overstreet. It contains Ditko's first drawn story.

DaringLove1.jpg

Wow. That is a rare book. I would love to see the Ditko story. Any chance of scanning it?

thanks,

Bill

That's a GREAT cover. What guy wouldn't want to be in that guy's shoes?

Do You Believe In Nightmares #1. Ditko Cover.

DoYouBelieveInNightmares1.jpg

Great innovation on this cover. A winged horse coming through a window from an unusual angle. Ditko was so great at composing interesting scenes.

I didn't start posting on this thread until #53, so I thought I'd post a cheat. Three #1's (111) I didn't see posted at the beginning of the thread.

Daring Love #1. Listed as scarce in Overstreet. It contains Ditko's first drawn story.

DaringLove1.jpg

Wow. That is a rare book. I would love to see the Ditko story. Any chance of scanning it?

thanks,

Bill

That's a GREAT cover. What guy wouldn't want to be in that guy's shoes?

Or in that gal's --- uh, shoes.

Actually he doesn't seem to have any legs, or they're tucked way into the haystack.

Or maybe I can't get Flannery O'Connor's "Good Country People" out of my mind.

Jack

Hey Silver...got one of these?

StanleyMonster111.jpg

Hard to believe there were 111 issues of this book hm

I;m not sure whether you're serious. There were only 4, 109-112. Follows the numbering of The Fox and the Crow.

Jack

Nope. I didn't know that, but was sure I had never seen ANY issue of it ever before :blush:

sm112.jpg

That's a great cover, Danny. Can't beat the light purple colors! Beautiful copy.

This one struck me too. Great colors.

Hopefully we'll see a better copy of this issue, but this is one of my favorite Flash covers. First appearance of the Elongated Man.

Predates Mr. Fantastic by a year. :whistle:

Flash112.jpg