• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

It is a landmark issue, but isn't Detective 327 considered the first new look book?

Yes, Tec 327 is the first new look issue. The "New Look" was meant to mark Julius Schwartz's editorial beginning on the Batman titles. I had Julie sign this 164(on the 1st page) at a con back in 92 or 93.

It looks like Silver has already posted a really, really sweet copy of this - but it is the only World's Finest checkerboard I have, and the only thing I have to post today...I apologize to those who dislike duplicates:

165WorldsFinest.jpg

I do like the silly little crowns all cockeyed on top of their heads, so we know the are the 'kings' of crime...

Lee

It is a landmark issue, but isn't Detective 327 considered the first new look book?

#327 beat #164 by a couple of weeks, but I don't think that takes away too muxh from the #164. Yet to most collectors it pales by comparison.

OAAW166.jpg

These last two issues are great! It seems like Kubert decided to experiment with drawing the characters bigger and focusing on them, rather than his typcial action scenes. I think the experiment worked!