• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

act279.jpg

I love the shirt-eating grin on Samson's face, looking straight at the reader. I think he's happy about his choice.

What is it about Swan/Kaye's Hercules that makes me think that he's more interested in Samson that Lois? This isn't the only Herc cover that's like that.

With the shocking pink background and romance angle, I wonder why they didn't run this story in Lois Lane rather than Action.

Jack

Never noticed that look on Samson's face. That's hilarious!

act279.jpg

I love the shirt-eating grin on Samson's face, looking straight at the reader. I think he's happy about his choice.

What is it about Swan/Kaye's Hercules that makes me think that he's more interested in Samson that Lois? This isn't the only Herc cover that's like that.

With the shocking pink background and romance angle, I wonder why they didn't run this story in Lois Lane rather than Action.

Jack

Never noticed that look on Samson's face. That's hilarious!

87101.jpg

Superman 280 -- my copy but heavily cleaned up in Photoshop

superman280x.jpg

and the splash page of the cover story

Superman280p1.jpg

Anyone here know when Supes first did the coal-to-diamond trick?

Uncanny X-Men 280 -- better than the last couple, IMO. Maybe I'm just a sucker for Pietà covers.

xmen280.jpg

Four Color 280. Chicken bondage!

I wonder why I don't have a scan of 279. Good thing Scrooge provided one -- I like that cover.

FC280.jpg

Jack

Four Color 280. Chicken bondage!

doh!

FC280.jpg

High-grade snob. Mine is worse. Someone wanted to eat a chicken wing it seems -

It seemed impossible that mine would be better.

Quick check of want list = not my scan!

I'm so humiliated...

Jack

driven over the edge by chicken bondage