• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Good to see you posting again, Jack :applause:

Thanks -- I'm thrilled to be posting again.

A bit of catch-up

Thor 295-298. These Pollard covers are pretty good, esp. 298. Whatever happened to him? Still active? Fell out of favor?

Thor295.jpg

Thor296.jpg

Thor297.jpg

Thor298.jpg

Jack

Action 295. I think someone already posted it, but here's my ratty copy.

Action295.jpg

Four Color 298. The NERVE of some kid having fun with his comic book instead of letting a bunch of old Fudds obsess over it 60 years later!

FC298.jpg

FC298back.jpg

Jack

Hulk296.jpg

That's one of the weirdest drawings of the Hulk I've seen.

Agreed. I'm all for artistic impression, but sometimes it just doesn't work for me. There's a small run of Mignola covers coming up that are both unique and palatable (IMO).

Did I miss this 299 yesterday?

Thor299.jpg

Thor 300. I am overall enjoying the Pollard covers, although this one seems a little weaker. These are recently received so pretty easy to find -- I'll have to check whether the stories are readable.

Thor300.jpg

Jack

Uncanny X-Men 301.

xmen301.jpg

Nice palette, but I don't care for the "cover every surface with radiating lines" style. It seems lazy to me.

Is Forge the Punisher wannabe on the left with the Big Gun and Grimace of the 90s? Why does he need a Big Gun? Isn't the point of the X-Men that they have mutant powers built in?

Jack