• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

According to a fellow poster ...

what is the storyline in those Hulk's? They look interesting.

I think that's the period where for awhile the Hulk had Bruce Banner's brain but then he degenerated into a more savage being than even before, so in #300 or so Dr. Strange exiled him to a crossroads of realities where he met different extradimensional weirdos in each issue. He was brought back in a crossover between Hulk #313 and Alpha Flight #28 - Alpha was plumbing the dimensional void for a mindless host body for Sasquatch's spirit as the latter was trapped in Box's robot body.

I think that's the period where for awhile the Hulk had Bruce Banner's brain but then he degenerated into a more savage being than even before, so in #300 or so Dr. Strange exiled him to a crossroads of realities where he met different extradimensional weirdos in each issue. He was brought back in a crossover between Hulk #313 and Alpha Flight #28 - Alpha was plumbing the dimensional void for a mindless host body for Sasquatch's spirit as the latter was trapped in Box's robot body.

Thanks -- I had seen that. It was the "or so" that I was trying to work out.

On GCD, it looks like IH 296 may end a storyline, and Dr Strange shows up in IH 297. Maybe that's the actual start? IH 314 looks like the start of a new creative team and new storyline.

I wonder whether Secret Wars II 3, Alpha Flight 28-29 are essential to the story. It looks like it.

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks -- I had seen that. It was the "or so" that I was trying to work out.

On GCD, it looks like IH 296 may end a storyline, and Dr Strange shows up in IH 297. Maybe that's the actual start? IH 314 looks like the start of a new creative team and new storyline.

I wonder whether Secret Wars II 3, Alpha Flight 28-29 are essential to the story. It looks like it.

Thanks,

Jack

A bit tentatively, because I haven't actually read all these issues (I'm enough of a comic dork to know what happens in comics I haven't even read), but there is a plotline that runs through the 290s where the Hulk is slowly reverting back to savagery. (This is concurrent with the original Secret Wars and his behavior in the mini is consistent with this.) I did pick up IH 296 recently, and this is part of the storyline. I'm almost sure that 300 is where he goes nuts, fights the Avengers, Dr. Strange, etc. He spends 301-313 at the 'crossroads'; IIRC, I have 313 and it's kind of an 'origin retelling with a new spin' issue.

Alpha Flight 28-29 are essential, because that's where he gets brought back to Earth by the Alphans, unwittingly. Now that you mention it I think the Beyonder is somehow involved, so yeah, there's probably a SWII crossover in there, too.

Hulk 314 does launch a new creative team and storyline. Hulk is back on Earth and still mindlessly savage, until.....but I'll let you read the comics. :-)

A bit tentatively, because I haven't actually read all these issues (I'm enough of a comic dork to know what happens in comics I haven't even read), but there is a plotline that runs through the 290s where the Hulk is slowly reverting back to savagery. (This is concurrent with the original Secret Wars and his behavior in the mini is consistent with this.) I did pick up IH 296 recently, and this is part of the storyline. I'm almost sure that 300 is where he goes nuts, fights the Avengers, Dr. Strange, etc. He spends 301-313 at the 'crossroads'; IIRC, I have 313 and it's kind of an 'origin retelling with a new spin' issue.

Alpha Flight 28-29 are essential, because that's where he gets brought back to Earth by the Alphans, unwittingly. Now that you mention it I think the Beyonder is somehow involved, so yeah, there's probably a SWII crossover in there, too.

Hulk 314 does launch a new creative team and storyline. Hulk is back on Earth and still mindlessly savage, until.....but I'll let you read the comics. :-)

Thanks for the additional details.

This was long before everything was reprinted in paperback collections, right?

Jack

Jack

My pleasure, yeah, I don't think this storyline was collected anywhere. They're all 50-cent/dollar books, though, just gotta track them down.

Jack

My pleasure, yeah, I don't think this storyline was collected anywhere. They're all 50-cent/dollar books, though, just gotta track them down.

Yeah, that's how I've gotten them -- in that range, sometimes as cheap as a dime.

Out of the whole bunch, it looks like I'm only missing 4 of the Hulks.

Jack

surprised no one is posting the McFarlane Spidey's...

I was thinking the same thing, especially around #300. I put the first one up to get the ball rolling, but it never happened. (shrug)

I'll be able to help on the Hulk side of things in a few weeks. (thumbs u