• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taking offers for my Colossus #1 (1940)

5 posts in this topic

I hate to do this as I have really enjoyed owning this book. But now is the time. Selling this beautiful signed copy. Almost all the artists and writers signed the cover and it was presented to the publisher's son. A couple of chips out of the front cover (as you can see) - nothing too distracting. And there is some ink blots on the rear cover (possibly due to being laid on a drawing board when it was being signed. This is a beautiful piece of history. Take a look and let me know if you are interested.

colossus.jpg

Wow, nice book! 893whatthe.gif

Copy that... thumbsup2.gif...anybody know the Gerber on this???...according to the census there are only 4 graded...(9.4), (9.0), (8.0) & (6.5)... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not sure what the Gerber is as I don't have it handy. Possibly an 8. Overstreet lists it as scarce. I tried to submit it to CGC but there was a bit of an overhang and it wouldn't fit comfortably in the slab. But that was before the magazine sized slab.