• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New official CGC Grade: Butt-Copy .1

46 posts in this topic

Yep, I agree. No tpb's for me.. I need the original paper, original ads, original letter column, etc.... just not the same without it.

Don't get me wrong, as I love the letters and bullpen bulletins in the old issues, as much (or more) than the actual content, I was simply taking issue with the term "reader"....

.... As in assuming that this copy of FF #3 was a "reader" to all interested parties. Many completists can't afford a CGC 9.4 copy, so this might be an inexpensive way to nab the issue for a run.

Plus, I think that sellers who list an old VG Silver Age as a "reader" are not good salesmen at all, and are not presenting the issue in the best possible light for prospective collectors.

OK, but I think we're splitting hairs now. confused-smiley-013.gif That FF3 is definitely going to be what I think of as a reader for someone, i.e. meant to be read! No one is including that book in their high grade run, that's for sure. So the FF3 will either be used as a 'reader undercopy' of a high grade run, or as part of a low grade reader run for a collector who is not condition conscious.

Either way, it's six of one or a half dozen of another. That FF3 has basically no 'display value', to use a term I seem to remember Jamie having coined... it only has reading value... whether it's an undercopy or not is not what I think rocketeer what getting at, if you follow what I mean. flowerred.gif

OK, but I think we're splitting hairs now. confused-smiley-013.gif That FF3 is definitely going to be what I think of as a reader for someone, i.e. meant to be read! No one is including that book in their high grade run, that's for sure. So the FF3 will either be used as a 'reader undercopy' of a high grade run, or as part of a low grade reader run for a collector who is not condition conscious.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

If some says "reader" one more time, I'm gonna force them to buy a VG Detective Comics 27 and crack it open in the bathroom!