• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A serious "pressing" problem

27 posts in this topic

Yeah, you used to be really funny. What happened to you? :baiting:

That's pretty danged cool, Davenport! Looks like the real deal.

Thank you Povertyrow. :) Back then the pressing debate was easy to parody, but the Ewert fiasco really opened the floodgates for photoshop fun. :/

Another oldie. One for the Xmas wish list...

MintBestBuy.jpg

Yeah, you used to be really funny. What happened to you? :baiting:

You did! It's all your fault Scott. :baiting::grin:

Those days on ComicsPriceGuide.com were amazing. :cloud9: You and Hammer going tooth and nail. (worship) The information flow was deep and eye-popping, to say the least. I think I came in right around the time of the infamous CGC Batman #11 and it was like CSI of the dark side.

My fault really. I sought out messageboards to learn more about what I loved, and man, did I ever. :o

These days I kinda miss being naive. :( (But at the same time I'm sooo very thankful I got to enjoy collecting and cons in those years before... things evolved. :cloud9: )

I know, I know, this is gonna sound like a noob question, but....

What the hell is pressing.

You can all make fun of me for not knowing. :whatev:

No one should make fun. The last pressing-thread there were plenty of long time collectors admiting they were completely unaware of the practice until they came to this board. And there's probably a gazillion eBayers who still have no clue.

Maybe if you posted in something other than a pressing or trimming thread you might enjoy collecting again. Then again...

You know, there was a time here when connecting-the-dots info seemed a helpful and neighborly thing, right up through the Ewert fiasco. Try it now and you're just a pariah trying to pizz in someone's rice bowl. Times have changed. (shrug)

Maybe if you posted in something other than a pressing or trimming thread you might enjoy collecting again. Then again...

You know, there was a time here when connecting-the-dots info seemed a helpful and neighborly thing, right up through the Ewert fiasco. Try it now and you're just a pariah trying to pizz in someone's rice bowl. Times have changed. (shrug)

Yeah, but if you would quit pizzing blood at every turn you might find people actually interested in helping you and find something that sparks your interest again.