• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Golden Age...

67 posts in this topic

All-American 16

$6800

For those of you looking for an affordable, complete, unrestored copy of this mega-key, this is as good as it gets. First appearance of the Green Lantern and VERY scarce unrestored. Spine totally split. Cover detached. First interior page detached. Some brittleness along spine and edges.

allamerican16copy1-2.jpg

Adventure 71

8.0 OW/W (deslabbed blue old label)

$1400

Really nice looking copy with bright colors and nice pages. A strong VF. For those who care, this was a Nic Cage copy.

adventure71.jpg

Wow! (worship)

I must resist...

Adventure 71

$1400

Really nice looking copy with bright colors and nice pages. A strong VF. For those who care, this was a Nic Cage copy.

adventure71.jpg

Wow! (worship)

I must resist...

Why? that copy is stunning, and the price seems reasonable.

Really great cover!

Not as great as this one!

Detective 18

2.0 (deslabbed purple label)

$1800

Classic cover of classic covers! This is Flessel's very best effort in my opinion. Very slight resto, only a dot of amateur glue. CGC noted slightly brittle pages, but it's really only the tips of the interior corners, which aren't that bad.

detective18-1.jpg

Adventure 71

$1400

adventure71.jpg

Wow! (worship)

I must resist...

Why? that copy is stunning, and the price seems reasonable.

Because $1400 is a lot of money and I don't want to sell any books... :tonofbricks:

October this is exactly what I was saying in the general discussion to you yesterday. Some great books, and a few I have never seen.

October this is exactly what I was saying in the general discussion to you yesterday. Some great books, and a few I have never seen.

Here is another one you don't see every day.

The Comics Magazine (Funny Pages) 2

$380

Rare. Published in 1936! Early Siegel and Schuster work. Some tape on spine, cover still firmly attached.

comicsmag12.jpg

The Comics Magazine (Funny Pages) 3

2.5 ®

$240

Another rare issue, also published in 1936. OW pages. Spine was rebuilt with some tape. Also the cover looks trimmed. The cover appears married, and the book has been disassembled at some point. Resto aside, good luck finding another copy!

SOLD

comicsmag132.jpg