• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY COMICCON FEBRUARY 6th - 8th at the JAVITZ CENTER

39 posts in this topic

Whats a plate good for?

Depends on who is selling, and how nice it is. In general 40-80K is the range I've seen/heard in terms of asking prices, but I'm not sure if I've seen any documented sales to corroborate those asking prices.

Would love see some Pics of any art at the show. Please do post.
The only images I have are ones someone else took and emailed me. They are both of All-Star's booth.To be honest, I didn't see anything that great at the show I didn't know about already. The dealers I saw and spoke to seemed busy because of foot traffic but weren't selling that much. Show worked out for me though, I found two nice pieces (Finlay illo and 1962 Spy vs Spy) and sold some comics that had been sitting in my closet for 16 years or so. You can see the new pieces on my CAF or website and the All Star pictures are also below.CAF:http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=33Rubenhttp://www.collectingfool.com

allstar1.jpgallstar2.jpg

Whats a plate good for?

Depends on who is selling, and how nice it is. In general 40-80K is the range I've seen/heard in terms of asking prices, but I'm not sure if I've seen any documented sales to corroborate those asking prices.

I am in the process of picking one up. Once it is in my hands I will share all the details.

Depending on subject matter I have seen then priced between 50K and 100K.

I haven't seen any sell at those prices, and the market is tightly held between a few individuals. My sense is there is significant room for haggling. One of the ones available at the con was lower than your minimum.

Whats a plate good for?

Heritage has sold three of them over the years, but only one was a Tarzan

Tarzan Plate

At The Earth's Core

At The Earth's Core - smaller

Whats a plate good for?

Heritage has sold three of them over the years, but only one was a Tarzan

Tarzan Plate

At The Earth's Core

At The Earth's Core - smaller

The Tarzan plate sold for 41K in 2002. If it were to come up for sale today it would easily be between 60-80K

The Earth's Core plate is available at 50K

I dont consider the final image a true Canaveral plate due to the small size.

I haven't seen any sell at those prices, and the market is tightly held between a few individuals. My sense is there is significant room for haggling. One of the ones available at the con was lower than your minimum.

I believe the AllStar plate was Bill Howard's Bill had offered the piece to several colletors recently. What was the asking price?

I don't know which plate Albert had. Any idea? Price?

S

I believe the AllStar plate was Bill Howard's Bill had offered the piece to several colletors recently. What was the asking price?

I don't know which plate Albert had. Any idea? Price?

S

Will send you a PM.