• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Complaining About Shipping Costs

33 posts in this topic

NeatStuffCollectibles charges for shipping and handling. They claim the bulk of the charge is for handling. I don't agree with charging for handling, but they had an item I wanted and would be hard pressed to get elsewhere. They are located in NJ, while I am in NY. I will be interested to see what portion of the 8.00 is allocated to handling.

Whatever happened to the cost of doing business ?

I charge a Flat $ 8 fee for shipping one CGC Book in the US....whether its next door in Long Island , NY or Hawaii. So I guess I make 2 dollars if its within a 100 mile radius and lose $1.50 if its the West Coast....By the way, more than 50% of my customers are in Calf and Wash State. If someone buys multiple books in my area and the shipping fees are $15 less than what they paid, I make it up to the customer in a future transaction or send a refund.....But complaining over $1... [!@#%^&^] off...... Guys, I read these forums occassionally and I can not understand what motivates many of you....NOT ALL of you.. I understand this is a Chat/Forum-Board/Room.... Collectors Thirsting for informaton...Speculating on who owns this books or that book...Bashing fellow board members!! I'm not coming in here like my pal Tommy B. did (even though I partially agree with him) But some of you need to give it a break and get some fresh air.And instead of guessing and/or misinforming others, feel free to contact me so I can straighten you out with the facts. Looking at the threads posted, I usually can. Good night smile.gifINVESTMENT COLLECTIBLES

I charge a Flat $ 8 fee for shipping one CGC Book in the US....whether its next door in Long Island , NY or Hawaii. So I guess I make 2 dollars if its within a 100 mile radius and lose $1.50 if its the West Coast....By the way, more than 50% of my customers are in Calf and Wash State. If someone buys multiple books in my area and the shipping fees are $15 less than what they paid, I make it up to the customer in a future transaction or send a refund.....But complaining over $1... [!@#%^&^] off...... Guys, I read these forums occassionally and I can not understand what motivates many of you....NOT ALL of you.. I understand this is a Chat/Forum-Board/Room.... Collectors Thirsting for informaton...Speculating on who owns this books or that book...Bashing fellow board members!! I'm not coming in here like my pal Tommy B. did (even though I partially agree with him) But some of you need to give it a break and get some fresh air.And instead of guessing and/or misinforming others, feel free to contact me so I can straighten you out with the facts. Looking at the threads posted, I usually can. Good night smile.gifINVESTMENT COLLECTIBLES

Comgeek,

I don't post on these boards very much due to some of the very issues that you brought up in your post above. But I do take issue with something you did say - or rather what you didn't say. How much do you charge for shipping to Canada for 1 CGC book? Your auctions state $12. Okay, fine - being a relatively new bidder to E-Bay last year I bid and win one of your books and pay. When I receive the book in question, the shipping states $6.70. Considering I paid $12 I think that's a bit excessive and I e-mail you asking you about what I thought was overcharging on the shipping. Your response "Thanks for your business, Steve" That's a direct quote, that's it, no explanation, no nothing. So you see, I contacted you 'so you could straighten me out with the facts' and that was your response. Very professional. It's unfortunate that's the way you treat your customers as you have great books that I would very much like to bid on but have a difficult time doing so due to your aforementioned professionalism (or lack of it). Thanks for your time,

Drew

When I receive the book in question, the shipping states $6.70. Considering I paid $12 I think that's a bit excessive and I e-mail you asking you about what I thought was overcharging on the shipping. Your response "Thanks for your business, Steve" That's a direct quote, that's it, no explanation, no nothing. So you see, I contacted you 'so you could straighten me out with the facts' and that was your response.

893whatthe.gif

Comgeek,

I don't post on these boards very much due to some of the very issues that you brought up in your post above. But I do take issue with something you did say - or rather what you didn't say. How much do you charge for shipping to Canada for 1 CGC book? Your auctions state $12. Okay, fine - being a relatively new bidder to E-Bay last year I bid and win one of your books and pay. When I receive the book in question, the shipping states $6.70. Considering I paid $12 I think that's a bit excessive and I e-mail you asking you about what I thought was overcharging on the shipping. Your response "Thanks for your business, Steve" That's a direct quote, that's it, no explanation, no nothing. So you see, I contacted you 'so you could straighten me out with the facts' and that was your response. Very professional. It's unfortunate that's the way you treat your customers as you have great books that I would very much like to bid on but have a difficult time doing so due to your aforementioned professionalism (or lack of it). Thanks for your time,

Drew

Nuff said.