• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best book you NEVER read?

48 posts in this topic

All this talk of stocks v. comics and the crashing market and so on and so forth is just making my head spin...

Here's a non "market" related thread I thought I'd throw on before I begin reading materials for "office stuff" tomorrow...

What's the best story you haven't gotten a chance to read yet... that story you always wanted to read or that story that you always heard was great but want to read soon.

For me it's V for Vendetta. Most other stuff I've gotten to read in trades or in original form, like Miracleman, but for some reason, I've never had a chance to buy the trade and read this thing all the way through. How about everyone else? With so much great comics material out there, there must be stuff you're dying to get to one day.

Do it! At half off, you can't go wrong. I wish I didn't already own the books house is offering... I'd probably buy them all.

Just PM'd house for volumes 2 and 3 wink.gif I also inquired about volume one! cloud9.gif

That's kind of an illogical question (after all, how do you know it's good if you haven't read it?), but just for argument's sake, I'll say:

The Entire GL/GR Adams Run

I have some issues, but I've never read the entire set....

That's kind of an illogical question (after all, how do you know it's good if you haven't read it?)

Excellent point!

You'll of course need someone to answer this question for you... and the answer is:

Solar, Alpha & Omega (1992) devil.gif

Since we're going that route, I'll say:

Goodwin/Simonson Manhunter

That one short series was (IMHO) the main basis for the Wolverine character, and provided Frank Miller with a template for his Daredevil, Batman, etc. work.

Way, way, way ahead of its time.