• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Avengers Sketch Cover MEGATHREAD

1,808 posts in this topic

Here's one from Tone Rodriguez colored by Laura Martin. Big thanks to fingerprint_ink (Jesse) for getting the Rodriguez sketch for me. (worship)

DarkAvengers1-RodriguezGoblin.jpg

Pre-Martin:

tonerod.jpg

Laura does phenomenal work and this is no exception, really makes that Rodriguez sketch pop! Congrats on another epic Goblin troopa (thumbs u

the best one so far.

Here's a subject that Herb Trimpe doesn't draw everyday. He did a great job IMO:

DarkAvengers1-TrimpeGoblin.jpg

for a character that Herb never really drew, this turned out by far better than the Wolverines I've seen so far.

Laura is always able to color at cons :)

Oh, I know. I was just curious if anybody has gone the other route.

I met her briefly during a Secret Invasion signing at NYCC, but she wasn't feeling well and didn't do much coloring that day. I met her again at Baltimore and the Dragon Con and had plenty of stuff for her to work on. I was flaunting her coloring work at the Dragon Con so much that when I saw her at Baltimore, she thanked me because she got so much business at the Dragon Con because "This guy showed me a Green Goblin that you colored". :grin:

I'll definitely be dropping a few things off for her at the Megacon. She's SUPER nice!

booyah

SCAN0041.jpg

awesome! I love how Marko does Spidey's webbing

I definitely respect your opinion, but the webs just don't do it for me. I LOVE Djurdjevic sketches (I've yet to see a bad one), but I'm a big fan of symmetry and Spidey's webs are very asymmetrical on this one.

And Arjuna...JonJesper's lawyers will be in touch...trademark infringement on the word "booyah". :sumo:

Great sketch, by the way! Two thumbs WAY up! (thumbs u (thumbs u

yea Adam i know what you mean about the webbing, i find it pretty interesting ive never seen an aritst use straight lines before, but for me it also just looks more realistic that if a teenager was making his own costume that the pattern would be more simple