• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 4.0 with a detached cover ???

42 posts in this topic

Then you have comics like this where the cover is detached from the bottom staple, and it gets a Qualified 9.2. Why not a Blue Label 4.0 or 6.0?

CGC does what they think is best for the book but if you insist on a blue label you can have one.

In this case the book is a bronze book and would be worthless as a 6.0 so I figure they decided that this was in the best interests of the book.

R.

Am I missing the obvious , but isn't the WFC in this thread a SB book with the spine glued to the interior? So the "almost" detached moniker is probably quite accurate given that glue probably still holds in a few places? (shrug)

Regarding the other 4.0 books mentioned in this thread with detached covers I don't know, but I can understand this WFC book being graded and labeled as it is.

Actually, Kenny's right about this book. It has a square bound stiff cover. It's not uncommon to find these types of books with nice covers that have become detached due to the glue loosening. I've had some that would be easy 6.0's and 7.0's but the cover was detached.

This is one time I'd look the other way and give this a legit 4.0. It's not like a staple pull. It happened naturally.