• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 sells for $80k

24 posts in this topic

in this climate (for comics at least) an unrestored action #1 in 7.0 might set the $$ record for a comic book. A 6.5 sold for something like $250,000 a couple of years ago so it wouldn't shock me if a .5 grade bump and two years would add $100,000+ to that number.

That seems like a reasonable number.But anything can happen at auction of course.

Gator could do a better job than me at guessing at the top of the market than I could, since he swims in those waters.

But I would imagine Rob is not too far off.

Rick wouldhave to brake out his change sock if one did come up for auction lol

in this climate (for comics at least) an unrestored action #1 in 7.0 might set the $$ record for a comic book. A 6.5 sold for something like $250,000 a couple of years ago so it wouldn't shock me if a .5 grade bump and two years would add $100,000+ to that number.

That seems like a reasonable number.But anything can happen at auction of course.

Gator could do a better job than me at guessing at the top of the market than I could, since he swims in those waters.

You guys are way too low. If a 6.5 copy sold for $250K 2 years ago, we know how much prices have moved up across the board for really desirable keys in the last year. I think a 7.0 unrestored Action #1 would be at least a $500K book today.

You guys are way too low. If a 6.5 copy sold for $250K 2 years ago, we know how much prices have moved up across the board for really desirable keys in the last year. I think a 7.0 unrestored Action #1 would be at least a $500K book today.

Thats a solid guess. And if it was a pool of say 3, it could go higher. Alot of guys WANT to own an Action 1, but only a few can afford to be aggressive in the pursuit. Couple that with how often you see one for sale, and you have a serious auction. If these guys are willing to spend 200K on a high grade AF15 which is common as almost any Marvel Key. Think about what an Action 1 could pull in this market hm

the question is would the seller be better off selling the 7.0 Action 1 privately? I think a top dealer could line up a sale petty easily for enough $$$ that a seller wouldnt take a chance on hitting a home run in an auction with 2 or more hot serious 450K+ bidders.

Bird in the hand.