• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Just found my way to your little corner

Hi from Sunny Swindon/Wilts ;)

Hi right back atcha. :hi:

WOW…….thanks for the welcome folks

Although I’ve been collecting for over 40 years and have approx 12,000 Marvels/DC’s I’ve only just joined this board and just beginning to read up on grading and things like “pressing” etc which I never even contemplated before.

Nice to be here and members have been very helpful especially in the PGM threads. (thumbs u

Although I’ve been collecting for over 40 years and have approx 12,000 Marvels/DC’s I’ve only just joined this board and just beginning to read up on grading and things like “pressing” etc which I never even contemplated before.

Nice to be here and members have been very helpful especially in the PGM threads. (thumbs u

Welcome old bean

Re pressing: I always find it slightly funny that everyone (the Americans) go on (and on and on and on :D ) about pressing so much.,.. as a child I distinctly recall using piles of heavy old books and annuals to "press" spined-curled copies of 2000AD before i swapped them with other children for the latest Whizzer & Chips.... they came out good as new - what's the difference!!!

Speaking of which, I have a very early memory of comic restoration too - black felt tips and yellow sello-tape... CGC would NOT be able to spot it

Speaking of which, I have a very early memory of comic restoration too - black felt tips and yellow sello-tape... CGC would NOT be able to spot it

I had a friend when we were young (late 1960s - early 1970s), sellotaped all the edges and spines of his comics ( to keep them in good condition ) :o

I was so jealous but we couldnt afford the sellotape or I would have followed suit.

He used to brag about how his comics would stay in great condition no matter how many times he read them. :insane:

Welcome old bean

Re pressing: I always find it slightly funny that everyone (the Americans) go on (and on and on and on :D ) about pressing so much.,.. as a child I distinctly recall using piles of heavy old books and annuals to "press" spined-curled copies of 2000AD before i swapped them with other children for the latest Whizzer & Chips.... they came out good as new - what's the difference!!!

You should ask that question over in Comics General :baiting:

Guys can anyone give me a rough idea on what shipping a slab Royal Mail costs these days? I'm a little out of the loop.

If possible a price including tracking for paypal within the UK, Europe, USA.

Sent one to Darren last week and that was about £5.50 1st Class Recorded (UK).